LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinay Reddy (Software Engineer)     13 April 2013

Noc conditions

Is it correct that banks will issue NOC against a property only if it has been funded by them?

Details:

I have selected a flat in one project A which has been constructed by Builder X.  This project has been already completed and many banks have even approved the project.  After finishing the project A, Builder B has started constructing project B in the same survey no: (back side to the project A). To raise construction loan, he has submitted the common land documents (because of same survey number) to a bank.  Due to this, I was asked by my lawyer to get an NOC from bank. But the bank said that the project A is not related (not funded by them), so NOC is not applicable. Is this a valid argument?

Learning

1 Replies

ajay sethi (lawyer)     14 April 2013

bank must have preapproved the project for phase 1 . for second phase of said project builder must not have got it approved by banks . even if project is not preapproved bank will sanction loan to said project if builder papers are in order .

since you are buying flat dire ctly from builder ask him to give details of banks which have approved the second phase .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register