Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Puja   11 April 2016

No response to summons by husband living abroad.

I filed for a divorce on October 15, 2015 after almost two years of my marriage under the act of cruelty (domestic violence) and adultery. My Husband lives in Jakarta Indonesia. His family lives in Delhi. Two consecutive summons were sent to his family's current address in Delhi (This is the same place I resided for 4 months post my marriage). After there was no response for the summons, we decided to hand deliver the third summon to his family. They accepted the summon and his brother signed it. However, on the date of hearing, his brother sent a letter to the court saying that his brother (my husband) lives in Jakarta, Indonesia and that we should send the summon to him directly. (Is this right? Isn't his family responsible for telling him?) Anyway, we now plan to send the summon to him directly via speed post. My question is what else can I do to make sure progress is made in my case and that they don't keep finding loop holes in law to delay the process. They are extremely cunning and will do evil things. I want to make sure that I take the right actions leaving no chance for them to ignore or evade the legal proceedings. I want this to come to a closure soon. Please, someone, help!

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register