Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hussein HM (Software Consultant)     30 January 2016

No replies from husband & in laws

Dear Experts, 

We are facing a very odd situation with regards to my sister's Husband & In Laws. We are Muslims and Bohra as Sub-Caste. 

My sister is married to a well settled family of India, who are in earning/working in Kuwait. However, they are very money minded and want that we should be spending even on their behalf. They keep comparing my sister with other daugther-in-laws, the girl's parents are doing all such expenses to pamper the in laws. We are no so rich to satisfy these expectations. 

Background :

My sister was married in Oct-2013. However, soon after marriage she was made to leave her teacher's job (which was in a good International School in our town). After marriage she was promised to be taken / migrated to Kuwait within 3 months. However, they pulled it for 11 months, when we started to object. In these 11 months, though they made her leave the job, they did not even bothered to see how she is surviving. After almost 9 months of continous stay in India after marriage, when my sister pointed this behavior of them, they replied that if a female is at the parent home, then it is the parents responsibility to take care in all sense and not the in laws. 

Even for supporting Documents for dependent's migration which were to be sent from Kuwait, were sent after months; only when their well knowns used to come from Kuwait to their home town of India. Else, they were not even bothered to spent a few money on courier or government post. 

Now the present issue :

My sister returned to India in Mar-2015 for delivery and delivered a baby boy in Aug-2015. Now, making a pretext of avoiding baby travel & medical in Kuwait not as good as in India, they forced us to keep the child & my sister for at least till the child is of 1 year old. Since the time my sister has arrived in India in Mar-2015, they again mentioned that delivery is the complete responsibility of the maternal/parents side. 

Its been almost 6 months of the child now. We are very prompt in sending photos & videos of the child, information on his health, etc.

Now since the migration formalities takes 3 months we are first expecting to complete the child's passport at the earliest. This requires a "Sworn Affidavit" to be completed by the father of the child from Kuwait, since he is out of India. We are contineously following up by way of emails, messages, phone, etc. but there is no response on what he is intending. 

We are afraid on what trick they must be now to save money. May be they are expecting to pull the stay even more as initially years of a baby involves a lot of care and spend of money on maitaining a good health/environment for the baby and that is been forced to be done from our side.  

I am aware that this type of repelling responsibility & forcing the financial burden on the girl's family is very unlawful. But I would like to seek your guidance on what should be my approach on this situation & whether it attracts criminal case, etc

Regards,

HHM

Learning

8 Replies

Santosh Kumar Tiwari (advocate)     30 January 2016

Dear Sir, it Generally happened in those living in foreign. U are living in law abiding country and can get the remedy under the law. under Section 498A IPC and 125 CRPC you can file a complaint before the magistrate.

Dear Sir, it Generally happened in those living in foreign. U are living in law abiding country and can get the remedy under the law. under Section 498A IPC and 125 CRPC you can file a complaint before the magistrate.

Sorry to say due to some technical fault same message has been transmitted many times

Hussein HM (Software Consultant)     30 January 2016

Mrs Renuka Chaudhary, 

Did you read my concern fully, carefully & thoughtfully ?

Or you encourage such behavior of a family, who wants us to bear all expenditures for couple of years ? 

What is their rationale or isnt it a indirect financial harassment ?

Can you please consider yourself in our place before replying ?

Hussein HM (Software Consultant)     31 January 2016

Hello Experts, 

Apart from my above situation, today we got to know from one of their relatives (in India) that my sister's husband & in laws are intending to divorce my sister. My sister has a child of 6months old. 

Now this is coming as quite surprising to us. No doubt we could guess something from their behaviors, since last couple of months. 

I would like to seek your opinion, what should be done / approach under this situation, where the Husband & In Laws are abroad and are not responding at all, instead have conveyed their intention of divorce to my sister thru their relatives (in India).

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register