LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satheesh M (Software)     03 June 2016

No pension (army) granted

My Father serviced in Indian Army between the period of 1971 and 1979 (8 Years and 24 days) and discharged with the word of 'mentally depressed'. Initially, he was treated in army hospital (my entire family was in our village during the time and came to know that through letters from my father) and based on the Doctor's recommendation, 2 of the co-service men accompanied my father to hand over with us.

After some weeks, he was asked to join in service and within some months they have done all the formalities & discharged with a word of medically unfit.

My mother tried a lot to have pension through a few known ex-service men (Col. Range) and came to know that

• There's a condition called NANA (NEITHER ATTRIBUTED NOR AGGRAVATED BY MILITARY SERVICE) & He serviced less than 10 years
  • This could be a genetic disease (but the fact here is NO one in our family tree affected this kind)

This all made NO pension decision.

Due to 'lack of support from both side of families, medical need for my father and she was the only person to care 3 children', my mother was unable to proceed further.

My father expired in 1993 and we received an amount of Rs.8000+ from his gratuity.

I will be really thankful if you could let me know the procedure to proceed further.

If she can have at least a single Rupee pension in her life time,

• We all will be happy as we will have been proven that my father was NOT unfit by nature, but the Army service made him so (My father shared to my mother that there was a planned vehicle accident due to a promotion he had through merit and someone pushed him when travelling through hill station)
  • and this's not a genetic disease

Note

I have filled a request (and first appeal) through RTI to ‘Dept of Exservice men Welfare’ and the request was transferred to Sena Bhawan. There is no further communication from Sena Bhawan.

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 June 2016

It is too late, for an issue to be agitated in 1979, you have taken up after 37 years and you want justice now, whereas tracing his past record is itself most difficult.  As you have filed RTI Application make first appeal immediately to the ultimate PIO, and try to collect some documentary evidence, before raising the issue in competent Court.  Now even old age widows without any support are getting pension (low income group), contact Tehasildar or Collector through elected representative (MLA or MP) and atleast secure her some support of that atleast Rs.1,000/- under old age pension scheme.

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     03 June 2016

It may be late. You may contact the nearest Soldiers Board for guidance. They may guide you correctly after checking your records. Usally NANA cases are not eligible for Medical Pension

Satheesh M (Software)     03 June 2016

Thank you Mr.G.L.NPrasad and Mr.Gandhi Mohan Barathi..Just want to highlight that my mother was keep trying until 1998..In fact,she has filed a case in Chennai high court and had a letter from our Lawyer that judgement will be soon and expected 100% favor to our side to have pension.**She took a stand that disease was not by genitic/personal but during service time (he was in service and not at least by vacation).In fact,Army tried to treat him in 2 of their hospitals (Gurgon and Meerat)..Bad luck here is,my mother does not even know the case registered date or case number,but just lawyer name..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register