Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav   30 May 2016

No original car keys

Dear All,

Why govt allow insurance companies when they have so tedious claim procedure. My car got stolen.

Now, I should inform police asap and get FIR done, (not easy everytime but Ok done)

I should inform Insurance company asap like they themselve go and search for car ..( I dont see this as a mandatory Rule but Ok done on same day)

Now I should go to RTO Office and apply for Safe custory of NOC to Vehicle.

Then I have to beg police to provide untrace report. Surveyers comes and ask for Original Keys without which there will be issue in claim settlement. Now my question is when Insurance provider inspected my vehicle for calulating IDV why didn't it check for keys because it dosent matter at that time but at time of claim it suddenly matters and why customers are not informed at time of giving insurance that later they will be in problem otherwise.

These hidden-rules or claims conditions are applicable to various Insurance companies helath sector/General sector etc and at the end poor consumer has to bear all the pain.

He has to prove hard that he is not involved with the thief to get his vehicle stolen.

Tell me why court/govt don't put hard on these companies and also please guide me that If I dont have original keys as they both got damaged as 12 years old vehicle and I was using non-standard key which I have submitted to surveyers, will I get problem in claim.

Does having standard/non-standard car keys have anything to do with thieves?

Learning

2 Replies

Ashesh Trivedi (Accounts Officer)     30 May 2016

My friend had faced same problem in last year. There should not to be afraid or threathen of submitting Non-Standard Car Keys. You can submit a letter to Insurance Company as well as Police that Original Car Keys are lost, so i made Non-standard keys to run my 10 years old car.

If insurance company do not give you claim or harrass you can Sue them to Insurance Court(I just now don't know what exact this court is said).

But Experts who are on this website can guide you much better than me.

Gaurav   30 May 2016

Thanks Ashesh Trivedi ji, Lets see, havent heard from company yet. but dont you feel that this system needs to be changed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register