LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

No advocate at the trial courts

I would suggest that suitable ammendment is made to the constitution to make it mandatory for the accused to plea in person at the lower courts with no lawyers/ advocates allowed as it is vogue in the court of BANKING OMBUDSMAN.

I am of the view that this will ensure drastic reduction in delays in the trial courts in dispensing justice or injustice. Secondly it will reduce the burden on the exchequers to accomodate that many lawyers when there is no necessity. Thirdly those your lordsheeps will be more responsible and deliver matured judgements.

HOW IS THAT ?

Learning

4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     30 December 2010

Amendment is not necessary some times accused are following the same procedure.   It is better to handover the everything to the judges.

dr.subramanian (astro/management consultancy)     31 December 2010

I AGREE WITH THE OPENION OF  THE WRITERS. WHEN MADE MANDATERY  IT CAN HELP A LOT

Adv. G.Narayan ( Advocate & Legal Consultant)     01 January 2011

I donot subscribe to this opinion. What would happen if the accused is falsely implicated in the case. And knowingly he is innocent he cannot put his defence against manipulative prosecution. In 90 percent cases of PWDV Act-2005 and also in over 50  percent cases U/S 125 Cr.P.C. People are impicated falsely. Same is the case of 498A IPC.  

Rather ,it is advisable that the amendendment should be made in Cr.P.C. and CPC to make the trial court proceedings time bound.

Gopal Singh ( Advocate)     02 January 2011

I agree with the vews of adv. G.Narayan.Thesmothete have laid the proper law before law in the form of statutes. we the humble citizens should follow  and accept it. We are not to use filthy word to criticize the statutory word. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register