Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adarsh   29 June 2018

Nhai land acquisition - dry land/ wet land confusion

Dear Sir/Madam.

I have a notification from NHAI for acquiring my land for a highway project. My land is per Revenue Records - is wetland and as per agriculture department who keeps the Land Data Bank , which is used by Revnue Department to determine the nature of land - is Dry land ( converted 35 years ago from wet land). The physical nature of my land currently is Dry land, and has buildings on it for the past 15 years, and I pay regular building taxes on it.  How will NHAI be viewing my property with regards to compensation, is there something I should be doing to get the revenue records corrected ?

Regards

Adarsh

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 June 2018

How NHAI views paying compensation can not be foretold by any members.  The standards taken is Public records and the taxes paid on that.  If it is wet land, you  must have paid such taxes as per wet land, and building will be valued separately.  First let them notify the estimated compensation and the assets they treat as loss for you.  If you are not satisfied you can still resort to court for better compensation.

Adarsh   05 July 2018

Originally posted by : G.L.N. Prasad
How NHAI views paying compensation can not be foretold by any members.  The standards taken is Public records and the taxes paid on that.  If it is wet land, you  must have paid such taxes as per wet land, and building will be valued separately.  First let them notify the estimated compensation and the assets they treat as loss for you.  If you are not satisfied you can still resort to court for better compensation.

Thank you Mr. Prasad for your kind reply.

What is the validity of my Agriculture Department Land Identification Document, Can I acclaim that my land is Dry as said in the Agriculture document which clearly states that my land has been converted from wet land 40 odd years ago ? Should I put a representation to Village officer along with Agriculture department document for a change in the nature of land ? 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 July 2018

Without studying facts, no one can state for sure the facts.  I have seen many Wet Land agriculturists cultivating such crops, but showing it as only DRY land for purpose of the then Ceiling limits and to evade tax.  The status as per Public records as on date of acquisition notification has to be taken officially.   If further claims, you may get suitable evidential document.   Now things are not easy in the past, as such records are available with Banks, with Revenue Authorities, Marketing committees, in some states individual survey was done.  Contact any dependable retired Revenue official, and check what all the actual records were on that date.  Any modifications / rectifications / alterations in such records may reflect at several places, and those who pay compensation are aware.  So be careful and this is not a litigation problem to be raised in this forum.  It becomes only when the NHAI fails to take into account Public records or if the compensation is not satisfactory to you for your own reasons.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register