Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahadev   05 October 2015

New property..divorce case pending

Respected Lawyers/Members ,

I have 498A and Sec.4 Dowry Prohibition Act false case filed against me and my family by my wife . Currently we are all on A.B . Divorce application is filed by me too some time back and due to which my wife filed all these false cases .  I needed an advice from you . I am thinking of buying a new flat on my name with loan and get it registered in mine and father's name as we need a home of our own .I wanted to understand whether my wife can claim any share of this property in case she comes to know about it as part of divorce settlement or whether during Court proceeding for divorce , Judge may ask to share all my assets and i would need to declare it or whether Judge may ask for my Net Salary and expenses i incur every month if he decides for some alimony to my wife . My wife is working and is earning a very good salary.

Kindly advise whether i should buy a property now or should wait until divorce is finalized . What is the law and what is Judge's view in this matter . 

Learning

1 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     05 October 2015

though your wife cant claim any share in the self aquired property of yours its better to wait till the cases are over as maintenance or one time alimony  to your wife is usually decided based on variety of factors of which one main factor is the assets you posess on your name

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register