Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nene (manager)     27 September 2013

New passport application is on hold

Dear Sir,

I had applied for a new passport in June 2013

My police clearance in on hold due to a case lodged in 1998 under section 337 .

A scooter rider had hit my car from behind and fell. No much damage any where . But he started demanding money and I refused. He was a relative of a police officer and he could easily lodge an FIR against me.

I contacted my family friend who knew the local police commissioner , then .

My family friend came with me to the court and surprisingly all police were on their toes to help us. Not even a lawyer was hired.

I was so much under pressure that time , that I failed to register or ask what exactly happened at court and how was I sent home. I was only relieved.

But I do not know the exact procedure the cops might have carried out there.

There was not a single proceeding in court . In 1998 , when I had gone to the court, I had to wait outside the court, talked to the policemen and then they sent me home from outside only. They told me not to worry and case is over.  

In these 15 years, My address has not changed. Not a single communication from court was there  and I had almost forgotten the case.

Now the family friend , who had helped me is also no more!

But my passport clearance is withheld because of this entry. What should I do?

Please guide me.

Nene

Learning

2 Replies

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     27 September 2013

Face the trail of the case 279/337 ipc ;better get direction to decide ur case in specific time by high court

nene (manager)     28 September 2013

Dear Sir,

thanks for your reply.

What shall be my next action?

I am not even aware that whether the case exists in court? Police says they are not aware. 

I went to court and their also it is not possible to find the reference. The person at court said, it might have been dissmissed in LOKADALAT in your absence.

I do not know the details.

Can I request court to grant me a passport for certain time frame?

Nene

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register