LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Chatterjee (Officer)     22 October 2019

Neighbour annoyance

Since a week my neighbour has been complaining of water drops occasionally falling from some source inside his house premises. He says it's from my kitchen situated on the 2nd floor and its due to a window net is being cleaned with water. Surprisingly no such cleaning has ever been done at my house. While I am at the office, my 75+ old father and my wife are the only residents at my home. They (my neighbour - a man around 45 and his elderly mother) start complaining at around 2/2:30 pm. Today again they started complaining and called my father and said your daughter-in-law is doing this. Unfortunately for them, I was on leave today and was having lunch at that very moment. I immediately went out and questioned them. They were shocked on seeing me and was not responding initially. When I asked them the source - i.e. the pipe, window, or whatever they believe the water has fallen from, they failed to do so and kept telling where else from would the water fall if not from our house. Incidentally, there are several water pipes just above the place where they claimed water has fallen. I told them to check those pipes but they said those pipes are not faulty. Basically, for any logical question they had no answer. Sometimes they say its because of window net, sometimes they believe its because of some basin washing - basically what they claimed didn't make much sense. But, other neighbours must have thought we (especially my wife) have done some wrong. Now, as I remain at office normally, and if they repeat this thing again, what legal steps can I take? Keeping in mind that a senior citizen and a housewife are only present at home? Thanks.

Learning

3 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     23 October 2019

you should inform them that they should not disturb you and if they disturb again a copliant will be filed in polise station by your wife for haresssing your wife and aged father for nefarious design. If such thing agains persists let your wife file written compliant in police station

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 October 2019

Avoiding such a problem by taking up ourselves goes a long way in maintaining good neighborly relationships.  Either you can report the matter or engage a good plumber to fix the problem under the supervision of your neighbor.  The costs may not be more than Rs.500/- but the actions shows your good intentions to focus on the issue to continue neighborly relations. Facing a problem squarely as immediately as possible saves our mental peace.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     23 October 2019

It is not clear from your narration whether they have really a leakage problem. If you were there when they came to make complaint, instead immediately starting to defend yourself by cross-examining the complainants. you should have go down to their flat and see what was the leak. Then you should take the complainants to your own flat and see things for themselves. Have you got an association or society?   If so ask the lower floor member to compain to  the Society to intervene. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register