Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raj (software )     16 February 2015

Neft tranfer failed but money debited from my account

HI

I MADE NEFT TRANSFER OF 15990 FROM MY ICICI BANK ACCOUNT TO SBI ACCOUNT.BUT TRANSACTION GOT FAILED MONEY DEBITED FROM MY ACCOUNT.WHEN I CALLED ICICI BANK CUSTOMER CARE THEY ARE TELLING TO WAIT UNTIL AMOUNT WILL GET AUTOMATICALLY CREDITED TO ACCOUNT.THEY ARE NOT RESPONDING PROPERLY EVERY TIME WHEN I AM CALLING THEY ARE TELLING MONEY WILL GET CREDITED BYE END OF DAY.I HAVE BEEN WAITING FROM 4 DAYS BUT MONEY HAS NOT BEEN CREDITED.PLEASE SUGGEST ME WHAT SHOULD I DO TO GET MONEY CREDIT BACK TO MY ACCOUNT. 

Learning

13 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 February 2015

Did you obtain the complaint number?

Did you record the calls?

Do you have receipt of failed transaction?

You must prefer to submit written complaint under proper acknowledgment (narrate all previous calls, mention phone numbers/names/dates/time/brief minutes of discussion.............no complaint number was given etc) and demand refund at once..................

It shall be better if you meet the BM in person with written complaint and obtain acknowledgment. 

You can agitate further for refund/compensation/interest etc if you have proper written record.

If you are unable to handle on your own approach your lawyer.

(Guest)

Without debit to the account of the remitter, no NEFT is made by the bank. Written complaint is a must to get the debit reversed on account of failure of transaction.

sureshkumar (lawyer)     05 March 2015

Written complaint is must  to get the debit reversed on account of failure of transaction.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     11 August 2015

Give complaint to the concerned bank in writing and send a copy to R.B.I.. Banking Ombudsmen under the RBI's Banking Ombudsman Scheme, 2006 will have jurisdiction in case the customers' complaints are not resolved within thirty days.

Prince Bathwal (Accountant)     26 September 2015

First of all written consent is must for Reversal of NEFT/RTGS Transactions. Further, you need to state all the records for the transaction made like - 

1. Receipt of the NEFT made
  2. SMS stating that Account has been debited by the same amount.
  3. Confirmation from 3rd Party for not received the amount (If any)
  4. If the Beneficiary Account is itself yours then you should attach the daily transaction statement from Internet.

N LAKSHMIPATHY (ADVOCATE)     29 October 2015

As you mentioned, such failures and reversal of credit may take a day or two.  If, it does not happen approach the bank with proof and talk to them also give written complaint.  Failing to resolve your problem by respective branch bank, you may approach with Banking Ombudsman with all proof.

Banking Ombudsman reacts quickly and resolve your problem.

N LAKSHMIPATHY

Harsha Vardhana R (Project Manager)     17 November 2015

Last year, I had faced the issue. You can check RBI website and find the contact email to lodge a complaint. I got a very quick reply from a top RBI official and he CCed many of the top officials of both my bank and  'destined bank'. As I clarified about the receiver's name and account number etc, it got sorted out quite fast. I had just missed a '0' inside the receiver account number

Ashesh Trivedi (Accounts Officer)     21 June 2016

First of all take a NEFT Advise from Bank.

Write a letter to bank manager for Crediting your account as soon as possible.

After all this procedure, even your account is not credited within 1 month, you can file a complain in RBI(online)., Than RBI will follow and will question to bank on your behalf to your ICICI Bank.

I had filled too many complains like this.

Even still u get no response, you can file a case in Court against Bank.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 June 2016

It is a very old query and no fresh post by querist.

matt   21 June 2016

Friend this is very common problem for Banks.I tried to use my PNB atm card in Axis Bank ATm.the money debited from my account but i didn't receive any money from the Machine.Finally after lots of Application,visits and complaints i got my money back after 35 days.

https://yourstory.com/2016/05/startup-college-tips

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 June 2016

Very old query.NO posts by querist.

Deem as closed.

Harsha Vardhana R (Project Manager)     21 June 2016

Though the question is old,it is relevant for many

Yes, RBI acts quite swiftly and mails senior persons of both banks (tranferer and transferee) 

For 1 of my cases, I just emailed the concerned person of RBI - it is found with NEFT helplink 

matt   28 July 2016

Go to the Bank manager and give them written application . get the signed photocopy of that.

get best paper service quotes free on rushessay.com.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register