Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swamy (System Engineer)     03 February 2015

Need urgent help_ onsite during pendency

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing good.

Thanks in advance for spending your valuable time.

I applied for Divorce and I have not yet received any summon to attend for hearing. This divorce case has been pending  from 7 months. She is giving Vakalat every month through her lawyer.

In between, I got an opportunity to go to USA next month  and about to initiate H1B visa. 

My questions are,

1. During Pendency Whether I can travel to Onsite ? 

2. How to handle this case without missing this opportunity..?

3. Is it affect my career growth?

4. When I will be called for hearing and I don't want to stick on it for longer time ?

I already missed and lost many things in my life due to her but I don' t want to miss this. Please guide me to get out of this case. Find the background issue from this link:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Need-urgent-help--108669.asp#.VND-UuPoQgk

Learning

5 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     03 February 2015

Dear, No problem you can travel, tell your lawyer to apply for your exemption on the first date of hearing and take an appropriate date so that you can appear before the court when you will be back ..... Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

Swamy (System Engineer)     04 February 2015

Dear Kapil.. Thank you for your response.. I ll check with my lawyer regarding this. For any clarifications is it fine to cal you ?

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     04 February 2015

I Agree with Swamy.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 February 2015

What do you mean by " I have applied for divorce and I have not yet received summon to attend for hearing? - If you have applied divorce, you are the petitioner and you will be knowing the next date of hearing and the stage of the case, if you do not know this, you may ask from your lawyer and be aware of it.  Now to your questions:

1. During Pendency Whether I can travel to Onsite ?  - Yes, since this is civil case, there are no restrictions to travel abroad, you can very well go ahead with your plan and program.

2. How to handle this case without missing this opportunity..? - You may pass on instruction to your advocate to handle the matter during your temporary absence from the country, he will take adjournments and will arrange hearing as per your program back in India.

3. Is it affect my career growth? - You are the better judge to see how this will afect your carer and take precautions accordingly.

4. When I will be called for hearing and I don't want to stick on it for longer time ? - You have to be in regular touch with your advocate on this issue so that you do not stand missing the bus at the last moment or being caught unaware of the developments that might have gone against you due to your casual attitude or approach to the case.

anilcochin (Proprietor)     05 February 2015

Dear Swamy,

Carry on with your life. Take care of the legal aspects with your lawyer. Life & its opportunities need not be missed. Every thing will fall in its place in due course of time. Now a days divorce has become very common.

All the best.

Regards,

Anil

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register