Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunitha   15 October 2017

Need urgent advice

Dear Experts,

When my divorce case is pending at court since last 7 years, now my champian hubby keeping another girl (Without marriage, no temple, no social or no any proof) and he already got a baby boy..

We try to gather info since last 1 year but all he is doing in mutuall basis that all know with out any documents..

We managed to get a birth certificate of the baby from another wome where,

- his name is there as father

- New lady name as mother

- Address entirely different

That copy we produce in court and he denied that he is not that person and his address is different...

We enquired about the address given in birth certificate where no existance of any person as of his name..

My advocate telling many story that it may difficult to prove,,,Now how to fight for this? Pleas suggest urgently..

Learning

4 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     15 October 2017

Even if you prove that your husband is biological father of the child born to the other lady, that won't prove his bigamy with that lady, it will only prove his illegitimate, illicit relationships with her and that will entitle you to get divorce from him on the ground of adultery. The act of adultery will not even amount to act of cruelty under section 498a IPC for getting him punishment under this provision. What your lawyer telling you I have no idea but I'm telling you is correct postion in your case. Stop searching about his marriage details which you won't get as he must have not got married with the other woman according to applicable ceremonies to the parties. Giving birth to a child no where requires actual marriage between the biological parents.

Sunitha   15 October 2017

@ Mahajan..Thanks for your valuable suggestion...

If he is keeping another lady and all society know then he should get punished by 494..If no proof then cannot get punicshment? what is Indian law? If he is under adualtary then he should get punished right?

That to he has already a baby, now he cannot get punished.. in birth certificate his name is recorded as father..only address is incorrect..

Can I apply for DNA testing?

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     15 October 2017

The courts in India puts heavy burden on the person who is saying that his estranged spouse and invoked the provision of section 13 1(i) of the HMA 1955. Anything short may come under the cruelty ground and petition of divorce can be dismissed, therefore it very important to consider whether constitute adultery or not.

Though direct evidence of adultery is rarely adduced but largely the evidence is circumstantial.

What are the  facts that can prove adultery?

Since circumstantial evidence is the basis of proving adultery, the circumstance like wife and her paramour lived in a Hotel for 1 night and no explanation is given by the wife to this effect then adultery is presumed for this entry in Hotel register, CCTV footage with certificate under section 65B of IT act. It is important to make paramour also a party to the suit though no decree can be sought against the paramour. it is important the evidence of witnesses in are of equal weight age like A Husband brings his girlfriend to house in absence of wife and take her into bedroom. the witnesses can be grown up children, neighbors, maid etc. These are the circumstances where adultery can be presumed.

But a mere suspicion that wife was not home whole night is not enough to prove adultery. There should be voluntary s*xual intercourse and if husband tries to create a situation wherein a wife is left alone with male person not his husband under such circumstances it is not adultery. A rape on wife is not adultery.

Even if the paramour of the wife writes filthy letter that too also does not come into an ambit of adultery. what adultery is in the eyes of a reasonable man?  that circumstances are such that a reasonable man would think its adultery. like wife is living with paramour for more than 7 months . Another thing is merely having flirtatious conversation with a person not his/her husband/wife does not mean adultery, though it can come under mental cruelty. Wife conceiving a child and husband was away for 365 days is a conclusive proof.

Conclusion

The ingredients for proving adultery are like the facts in which the intimacy is such that in the eyes of the reasonable man, such intimacy is there, credible evidence needs to be produced before the court to prove adultery merely on the basis of whims fancies suspicion the same cannot be proved. The court also  put the heavy burden of proof on the person alleging. Divorce on adultery is difficult.

Advocate Nitish Banka

nitish@lexspeak.in

1 Like

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     15 October 2017

It is a repeated query which has already been replied. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register