LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hello1233   25 November 2017

Need to rename pan card to my maiden name

Hi, I am an NRI(indian citizen residing in USA).I am married but decided to retain my maiden name in every document including indian passport(everywhere in USA as well). However years before , my family applied for my pan card which states my marriage name, by showing my marriage certificate, though I have never officially changed my maiden name anywhere. This is creating a lot of issues for me everywhere in india. I want to change my pan card to my maiden name. I am told that if I apply for a brand new card then it will check my fathers name and date of birth and hence will find that there is another card with a different surname already in the system, so it will reject my application. If I apply for a change/correction than they will ask proof of my marriage name and I have no document with my marriage name except my marriage certificate. What am I suppose to do in this case? P.S. maiden name means surname before marriage

Learning

1 Replies

Swayamrudra (Self)     27 November 2017

U need to apply in a form for correction of PAN. Docs required are, 2 nos stamp size photo, Identity proof (Voter ID/Aadhar Card/DL), Matriculation certificate where fathername & DOB must be mentioned. Marriage certificate is not required. No need to apply for new PAN card.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register