Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vasundhara (Proprietor)     05 May 2015

Need to recover property sold 20 yrs ago

Dear Sir,

My friend wants to recover the ancestral property earned by his grandfather. He is 30 yrs now. The property was sold by the elder brother of his father in 1995. The elder brother of his father did not equally partition the ancestral property. He took maximum share & few share was given to his father. My friend's father had signed the partition settlement deed out of confidence in his elder brother without reading its contents.

Meanwhile when his father wanted to sell the property ,he came to know that all the 10 plots were sold in 1995 itself. He came to know that he has been cheated by his elder brother only now. He had a share of 5 plots in it. The buyers have built houses & are residing in it.

My questions:

1. Can my friend (Major now) recover the sold plots from the residents? (he was minor during sale)

2. Can his father file a case against his elder brother  as the partition was unfair eventhough he had signed the partition agreement?

3. If his father is not interested to recover the properties ,can my friend recover the property being the legal heir of his grandfather's property?

4. If residents ask to return money, which needs to be given? sale price of plot OR  current market price of the plot?

5. As they prefer to retain this commercial property, what are the ways to recover the property?

6. If it is not possible to recover the property, can his father file a suit to get 50% of sale price of the plots with compund interest for 20 yrs from his elder brother?

Thanks in advance!

Learning

1 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     08 May 2015

Generally speaking your friend does not seem to have a case per the broad facts as narrated by you. Even if he wanted to dispute a settlement done by his father as he was a minor then, he should have done the same within a  year of attaining majority. His father of course can not contest a partition deed he himself has agreed to.

DISCLAIMER : General information and advice provided is without any warranties as to suitability for any use, correctness and application to any specific case. Please always take proper legal counsel . However, if it helped anyone even a little a " thanks" via the " Thank Contributor " button would be appreciated and would encourage me to keep on making efforts :-) . I am also always open to corrections and further learnings from more experienced Seniors here.

For DIRECT contact with me / my friends and more law related informations / queries visit https://lawforall.in

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register