Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar Mysore (no)     05 August 2018

Need to put divorced parents name in my marriage invitation?

Hi All,
my parents divorced in Karnataka, I grown up with my father from 20 years, now I am 31 year old boy, now I am getting marry, so I don't want to put my mother name in my marriage invitation, who didn't take care of us from 20 years & I need to maintain privilege & respect.
need to put her name in my marriage invitation?
is she have a chance to put a case on me?
is any law is there in India to put divorced parents names in marriage invitation.

please suggest me friends
thank you
Kumar

Learning

5 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     05 August 2018

Your parents had divorce but that has noting to do with your relation with then, you will be their child after and before divorce.

But one suggestion if you people do not have good connection then do not add her name as she cannot trouble you legally but emotionally you will be disturb if you will not get same response you are expecting.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Kumar
Hi All,my parents divorced in Karnataka, I grown up with my father from 20 years, now I am 31 year old boy, now I am getting marry, so I don't want to put my mother name in my marriage invitation, who didn't take care of us from 20 years & I need to maintain privilege & respect.need to put her name in my marriage invitation?is she have a chance to put a case on me?is any law is there in India to put divorced parents names in marriage invitation.please suggest me friendsthank youKumar

Your parents divorced  each other.  But they are the one's who produced you.  Unfortunately you grew up without mother.  You will have to mention your original mothers name and original fathers name only in your wedding card.  You cannot put somebody else's name.  I do not agree with the above advice which is illegal.  The aggrieved party can always approach court and create more ruckus in your future life if you put some other persons name as mother.

If you have not already informed about this to your would be wife, that will create big headache.  If you dont put your original mothers name now and later your wife comes to know or your original mother comes to know then it will be big headache for you and people around you.

Honesty is best policy. Always.

SOLOMON.RAJ (advocate/director)     05 August 2018

Dear Kumar,

There are no Legal implications if a son prints the divorced mothers name in his marriage invitation card.
The best way would be to print the invitation by writing invited by .........(your family name) family n you can.mention your mothers name under your name stating son of your mom n dad's name.

Adv. Solomon Raj,
Attorney at Law,
Bharat Gaurav samman awardee 14
AICC National Legal Chairman.
email:rajcarey@yahoo.com
phn:9866545086

Kumar Mysore (no)     06 August 2018

I am only mentioning my father name, I am not putting my mother name, even my father also passed away 5 years ago and my elder brother only taking care of me, so I am highlighting my brother & sister in law name as a well wisher. and I told to my father in law she passed away 20 years ago.so
is any problem if not mention mother name or if my father in law mentioned as late parents?

Kumar Mysore (no)     07 August 2018

sir don't comment like this, you don't know how much respect I have & my father have in our villages and neighbouring village's, I know my case is very rare one because only few mother's bad like this. did you know she tried two times murder attempt on me because I am a eye witness of her illegal activities & I told to my father 20 years ago & then we are separated.many people's not believing my case including court because they are asking video proof, just you people think if you are in my place 20 years ago you people going to record this incident never even I can't assume, god knows the truth, thanks all, I don't want your suggestions. I don't want character certificates from you. many people in our taluk helping me because they knows how is she.she is living in our village only but me & my two elder brothers & my father didn't see her face from 20 years.she went to court & got all maintainances.because we didn't get justice, I respect womens but not bad womens, many women's treating me as a son that's enough.many people will think bad about me because they have good mother, if they once go to our village & know the matter then they like me & my father.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register