Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Need suggestions regarding divorce case.

Hi Experts,

I need some suggestion , This is related to my sister , she got married in april 2007 ,both are working , she has two children one boy 6+ yr and girl 5+ yr, My brother in law lives in jaunpur city that is in UP, and works in Rae bareilly (UP) and my sister works in Lucknow , she moved to Lucknow for better education of her children, her in laws were not happy with this decision , anyhow after many problems and hatred from in laws side , she managed to stable there in lucknow , as you all know we always wants for better future of our children so she was doing this without no help from her in laws , we (me n my mother ) always helped her for any problems. My "Jija"  has habbit of "masti and aishbaazi" , so we have to help sister in any case (Financially, emotionally etc. ) Problems were always there but actual problem starts in last year November '14 , Jija lost his father in road accident, so his mother wanted him to live him with them , sister asked Jija to take her to Lucknow , so she can take care of everyone ( kids, Jija n mother in law) but Jija's mother was not ready . so one day a argument turns into fight and Jija beats up sister badly in front of my mother and my wife. (we were there to support sister as jija was not living there since long , sister cudn't live alone as its very risky for single person with two kids in lucknow. You all obviously understands how tough it is to for a single working mother whose children are minors and  just started schooling ( it was hell tough task for her) , and worst is she started facing problem his job , as she has to take off for his family duties. Slowly different kind of torture started from Jija and his family , inspite of helping her they started giving mental torture of taking divorce, adopting child , defaming her , taking her all money , ( they even took home gas cylinder ..:( just imagine they are at there lowest point ) defaming me n my mother . all types of torture, we were bearing all this patiently , as sister was not ready for divorce thing , so were not left with any option. whenevr he comes there he comes with a new torture thing, regularly beating n abusing her, when it dsnt affected her they started abusing my late father , my mother , we were listening all this but did not take any action as we can not make our life more worst, ( we have some other issues too those dsn't relevant here so not discussing) . Now its 7 yr of over for there marriage , my Jija was waiting for this i guess as i know there are some laws related to this. he said today to sister that i have sent one notice to your mother's college from court( my mother is a professor in jaunpur , i am working in Noida ) , now we don't have any clue/idea what is this notice is all about?? shall we accept that notice or not ?? if that is for Divorce then how to proceed?? ( my sister does not wants to give divorce) or may be he is sending notice for domestic violence against my mother as he use to say that your mother and brother are intervening and your mother beat me up ( which is totally lie , my mother was protecting sister when he was beating her ). after he beats sister 4-5 times and gave life threatening statement like i ll kill you , so i suggested sister to send a letter to city SSP so that it should be in there knowledge. Police men visited her took some money and settled the things without any action. ( as sister was afraid that will make problems more worse ) Now i m clueless what to do. Sister is very courageous but don't want to give divorce. She says All will be Ok one day. she is trying her best , even i was sometime fed up but we have to support her in any case. Our family scene is very bad . I am living in Delhi alone, my mother and wife is in Jaunpur alone ( its also a threat as Jija and his family lives in same city and they are socially very strong as they pretend ) ,Sister is in Lucknow alone with Two kids we visit there regularly infact last 7 yrs we are always there whenever required ( and unfortunately that need arises regularly ) we are not very social,  straight forward people we are , dont know how to manipulate people or things.

Please suggest me how to proceed now, Shall we accept that notice , if its related to divorce then what to do ? and if related to any other defamation, domestic violence thing how to tackle.

I am ready to do anything , now i have to lead from here, sister has done alott but this marriage is not going to work . I want to restrict them somewhere somehow. Pls suggest

Thanks and sorry if its too lengthy , and for my bad english.

Regards

Learning

9 Replies

Amit shrivastava (student)     24 April 2014

i am not a legal expert but want to say one thing that your sis is right and capable to defend her in every where. As regard to your jija ji , no in law want to discuss their family matter.  Please keep distance from them and allow  your sis to take  her life as she sound a responsible girl. i know she do not leave her family at any cost.

At last give some time to her and donot react untill she call u

(Guest)

Thanks Amit,  she is not ready for divorce, even i am not in support of this , but what if he started doing all this, why he is sending notice to my mother?  what could be there in Notice, we should accept that or not?

He has make her Life hell, Hell mean literally hell. i cant write all things here but its really worst situation. hats off to her she still thinks all will be Ok. i am giving her all support , i asked her to do whatever to make this working but this mental torture is affecting everyone, u know what i mean , 24 hr we are thinking about this since last 8 months, just imagine the situation of kids. Kids are very near to me, i want a perfect life for them , where his father takes responsiblity of all things not me. I get heart broken when they say "Mama aap delhi se aye ho to hamare liye kuch to laye hoge, pls aaj jhula jhulane le chalo, Pizza khaye bahut din ho gaye papa to atey hain aur mumma ko lad ke chale jate hain" Sir really it gives a deep pain in heart. I don't want this, i am ready to leave them forever but there father should take responsibility.  Pls help me tackle this guy. he is not ready to talk, so i think i should fight with him lawfully now.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     25 April 2014

Be precise in your post.

(Guest)

Ok Sir i ll take care of this. I was trying to explain the whole situation. Pls suggest me if any way forward.

I want to give a suitable answer to my Brother in law so that he can not torture us anymore.  Pls suggest

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     25 April 2014

You accept the notice and go through the contents first .  If you need any legal advice you can ask advice from the Experts.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 April 2014

read your other thread

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=82910&offset=1#.U1p3naI1g48

you are at wrong forum

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 April 2014

Repeated query

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 April 2014

Please accept the notice, read the contents and be prepared for actions accordingly.  See what is written in it and then come back seeking solutions.

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     03 May 2014

Dear Brother,

Please do not get panic. It is your family's goodness that you people have not done any thing wrong to your JIJA because of the cultural education other wise you would have done much harm to them through the court.

Now, you are advised to get receive the notice and see what is in that , please do not ignore it as it can go wrong against you.

Your sister still can make out many cases against him if wishes for that and can make him real perturbed.

As You are based at Delhi only you are advised to please meet the under signed with all details so that a proper suitable legal advise can be given to you.

Please do not worry at all as our consortium of the Advocates works effectively at Lucknow, Allahabad and jaunpur locally .

For further legal assistance on nominal charges,  you can contact undersigned on below given  phone number.

Advise, always take assistance from an experienced and well educated Advocate of the field. You can see my credentials on site for my appraisal.

Click "LIKE" in appreciation of the above answer.

Anand Bali, Adv.
(B.Com., M.A., LL.B., M.B.A.)

Supreme Court Of India,
High Court & District Courts of Delhi, UP & UK.
For Civil, Criminal, Property, Recovery, Consumer,
Service & Family Dispute Matters.

Email: advicelaw1@gmail.com

Ph: 9582144748

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register