Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Need lawyer for a patition suit case-chennai

sir,
i am an NRI and want to file a partition suit case for some ancestral property in Chennai..Had identified a lawyer in Chennai based on the internet search that suit my requirement. But, is there any way to verify the profile of this lawyer in the law chamber n chennai before proceeding on this..I have few bad experience with lawyers in the past and want to really make a thorough search before getting into it. or is there any other better channel to get this background of the lawyer verified.
what are the things to look for to pick a lawyer for the partition suit case..
i go by
1. if they can handle both civil and criminal case..just in case if any criminal action to be taken against opposite party for any abuse and harrassment during the course of the case
2. if the lawyer practices in high court  .
and what else needs to be considered here..

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 April 2015

You cannot ask such details in the lawyers' forum itself.  It will not be good for any lawyer to openly opine as per your queries.  If you think you are too cautious about this matter you should make your own efforts to verify the professional skill as well as other aspects which will affect your case about the lawyer whom you want to engage.  Your query is highly unreasonable. There are no earth for lawyers, you can make general or discreet enquiry from the high court bar association itself.

karpagavallijagadeesh (lawyer)     19 May 2015

contact through Madras High court Advocates Association, they will guide you  

(Guest)

karpagavil -
thanks for the comments-

@ kalaiselvan -
thanks for your comments as well.. while i agree with you for the most part.. i dont see anything unreasonable in asking this..i was only asking on where to check the background of the lawyer on his expertise and his case handling experience -and not about any specifics of the lawyer. yes..i am over cautious - after all, its my money,my case ,my time and effort ....while i quite well undersand that the regulatory dosnt allow lawyers to advertise themselves via website with reviews but i hope you will also agree with me the fact that there are very-few lawyers out there who take advantage of this and misguide clients just to drag it.

NATARAJAN IYER (Proprietor)     23 October 2015

There are two methods.

1) You check the cause-list of the day and if that advocate whom you intend to approach, has his matter posted for hearing, you may sit in the court-hall and look at his presentation of his case.

See other lawyers too, in action, in the court.

That will give you a fair idea of the advocate's ability.

Finally after all the law books and speech, what matters is how the advocates present their case in the court.

That is, how a soldier fires can be seen only in the battle-field.

2) The other method is to see your opponent's advocate and check previous cause-lists to identify the cases where your opponent's advocate has appeared, then check for the fate of those cases, how many he/ she has lost and then based on that you may approach the advocate who has defeated your opponent's advocate and approach him for your requirements, since that winner advocate would know the psychological methods of your opponent's advocate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register