Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter

Search for Lawyers          

Please Wait ..

Discussion > Legal Documents > Documents > Need help to obtain caste certificate   Unanswered Threads Post New Topic

Pages : 1 2

There are 19 Replies to this message

Dhaval Mistry

NA
[ Scorecard : 24]
Posted On 02 September 2009 at 19:48 Report Abuse

Can any one please guide me to get my caste certificate? I want to obtain my OBC caste certificate but the problem is that I was born in Gujarat and then my family shifted to Pune. I'm compeleting my education in pune. Now I dont have any residiential proof of gujarat and since i was born in gujarat, I can get that certificate only from there. Please guide me with the workaround to get my problem solved.

Anil Agrawal

Retired
[ Scorecard : 7445]
Posted On 02 September 2009 at 20:19 Report Abuse

Do you have your birth certificate? Contact your village Panchayat. 

saumit joshi

advocate
[ Scorecard : 157]
Posted On 03 September 2009 at 11:07 Report Abuse

if u not having birth certificate than put up application for obtain birth certificate in jurisdictional court where you born. and court will issue birth cerficate after notice and hearing of village accountant. in bases of this you may apply for concern social welfare department for obc certificate.

Isaac Gabriel

Private Practice
[ Scorecard : 3455]
Posted On 03 September 2009 at 11:30 Report Abuse

The community dertificates could be obtained if the particular community to which you belong  is classified as OBC/BC/SC  in the state of your origin.As your community is not found in the list of communities  in Maharashtra,you cannot obtain it from that state.If it is callsisfied as OBC in Gujarat,you can obtain it by producing your identity of birth or anyother available evidence for your domicile and contact the concerned Taluk office,which is authrised to issue community certificates.

Rajan Salvi

Lawyer
[ Scorecard : 2305]
Posted On 09 September 2009 at 20:06 Report Abuse

I may be wrong -  a person looses his caste status once he migrates from one place [state] to another.

Anil Agrawal

Retired
[ Scorecard : 7445]
Posted On 09 September 2009 at 21:38 Report Abuse

If your community is included in say U.P. but not in Maharashtra, can you get the OBC benefit in Maharashtra?

Amit Vinay Desai

Accountant
Posted On 01 December 2009 at 12:50 Report Abuse

Originally posted by :Isaac Gabriel
" The community dertificates could be obtained if the particular community to which you belong  is classified as OBC/BC/SC  in the state of your origin.As your community is not found in the list of communities  in Maharashtra,you cannot obtain it from that state.If it is callsisfied as OBC in Gujarat,you can obtain it by producing your identity of birth or anyother available evidence for your domicile and contact the concerned Taluk office,which is authrised to issue community certificates. "

Amit Vinay Desai

Accountant
Posted On 01 December 2009 at 12:57 Report Abuse

Originally posted by :Isaac Gabriel
" I belongs to the Caste "Khatriya Samaj-Sutar" & learnt that my caste is added in the "Other Backward Class" by the Government of Maharashtra in June, 2008. In my family my father is not leaving with us since last 25 years & my mother don't have any caste certificate. Recently I have got Caste Certificate from our "Samaj". Please guide me how caould I get the Caste Certificate & from where it is apllied? "

Isaac Gabriel

Private Practice
[ Scorecard : 3455]
Posted On 02 December 2009 at 11:26 Report Abuse

You can approach the Tahsildar office  of your area and produce the certificate and anyother document in your possession .After formal enquiry they will issue the certificate to you .

Anil

-
[ Scorecard : 84]
Posted On 20 May 2010 at 22:10 Report Abuse

Regarding Migration from other states issue of central OBC certificates

VERY IMPORTANT CIRCULAR

Govt. of India, Ministry of Welfare

Letter No.12011/11/94-BCC(C) New Delhi dated 8 April 1994

Read More..

To,

The Chief Secretaries 
All State Governments and
UT Administrations.

Subject: Issuing of Other Backward Class Certificates to migrants from other States/UTs

Sir,

In continuation of the DOPT's letter of 36012/22/93-Estt. (SCT) dated 15 November, 1993, I am directed to say that it has been represented to this Department that persons belonging to OBCs who have migrated from one State to another for the purpose of employment, education, etc. experience great difficulty in obtaining caste certificates from the State from which they have migrated. In order to remove this difficulty, it has been decided that the prescribed authority of a State/U.T. Administration in terms of the DOPT letter No.36012/22/93-Estt.(SCT) dated 15th November, 1993 may issue the OBC Certificate to a person who has migrated from another State on the production of a genuine certificate issued to his father by the prescribed authority of the State of his father's origin except where the prescribed authority feels that a detailed enquiry is necessary through the State of origin before the issue of the Certificate.

2. The Certificate will be issued irrespective of whether the OBC candidate in question is included in the list of OBC pertaining to the State/U.T. to which the person has migrated. The facility does not alter the OBC status of the person in relation to the one or the other State/U.T. The OBC person on migration from the State/U.T. of his origin to another State/U.T. where his caste is not in the OBC list is entitled to the concessions/benefits admissible to the OBCs from the State of his origin and Union Government but not from the State where he has migrated.

3. It is requested that all competent authorities may be advised to issue the OBC Certificate after satisfying themselves of the correctness of the Certificate. The Lists of the Competent Authorities empowered as per DOPT's circular of 15 November 1993 may be followed strictly. No other authorities may be allowed to issue the OBC Certificates.

Yours faithfully,

Sd/…

(M.S. Pandit)

Joint Secretary to the Govt. of India.

Related Files

Previous Thread
Previous
Next Thread
Next