Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohit Bawa (VP Defence Sales)     03 July 2016

Need help on non of final dues

Hullo Friends,

I had worked for an Indian MNC, ABG Group of ABG Shipyard fame, and had been placed by them at Sierra Leone, West Africa which is a very backward country. I joined them in Sep 2010 and moved to Sierra Leone in Nov 2010. I came back on leave in Oct 2012 and they never sent me back and kept saying that they would. Finally, they unilaterally took a decision to cut my salary by half while in India However, I sent them a mail saying that I would accept half salary in good faith till Jul/Aug 2013 when the Chairman had personally said I would be sent back to Sierra Leone. However, that did not happen and they continued paying half salary from June 2013 till Nov 2013. I had finally resigned and been relieved on 28 Feb 2014 on my request since they were not re-assigning me elsewhere or sending me back to Sierra Leone. In fact, since I had been kept back while on leave, all my luggage was also left behind in Sierra Leone and they did not give me any allowance to get the same back.During the period between my return on leave to India in Oct 2012 to my relief in Feb 2014, I went through a malignant kidney tumour surgery which was probably contracted by me while in Sierra Leone.

Despite countless reminders, they still owe me USD 7664 @ half salary rate. I had recently told them that I would accept half salary in good faith if they remit my final dues quickly else I would go to court for my full dues as per contract. They again said that they would remit me the funds but are again dilly dallying. I have now decided to go to court and request your help in identifying somene who can do this for me. The head office of ABG Group is in Mumbai. 

Rgds,

Col Mohit Bawa (Retd)

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 July 2016

All appointment related documents and communications exchanged on record need to be examined for a considered opinion on merits, forum, jurisdiction etc.

Mohit Bawa (VP Defence Sales)     03 July 2016

Dear Kumar, I can share all documents etc I have if you share your personal email id pls. Rgds Col Mohit Bawa

compliance   10 August 2016

You need to share your all doccument and ask to lawyer atleat once.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 August 2016

You may attach here and erase the names etc to maintain the confidentiality.

Or visit a very able counsel specializing in Labor/Service matters.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register