Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akshi   21 April 2016

Need help in domestic violence case

Dear Lawyer(s),
I am a working professional lady from a low-middle class family. I got married (arranged) to an IT Professional 5 years back and have a 4 years old daughter. I found my husband's affair with one girl soon after the marriage and for that I had a serious argument with my husband. He ended up beating me. In the end everything was sorted out by elders of both families and we were instructed to live together again. However, since then he started hacking my emails and phone to find some evidences against me. 8 months back he again accused me of having an affair with one of my cousin brother (8 years younger to me) and created a scene. Than a month later he stole my phone in night, hacked it and emailed all the whtsapp chat logs to his id. One of these chat logs is with my male colleague and it contains some personal jokes and very friendly gestures and comments about flirt. It also had our chat in which I shared my family issues with him, specially about my physical harassment. But nothing relevant to affair or s*x or anything like it. After this my husband informed everyone including relatives, family members, friends and our neighbours that I am having an affair with my colleague and I am planning to kill him. He used to first verbally harass me to provoke and and than did video recordings all the time using his phone. He broke all the door locks of my room and toilets and at one point he harassed me so much by recording when I was bathing and even breast feeding my daughter, that I had to leave home in night with my daughter. I actually first dialed 100 to call police but as he gave them some money they left without any help. After I reached my parent's home in other state, my father took me to a lawyer and we lodged two cases of Domestic Violence and Dowry. However, 8 months have passed and no fruitful results have been received. He has already got bail in 498a, no progress in domestic violence case, maintenance case is also pending. My husband is earning much better than me so he can afford a good lawyer, bribe police officers, or can do anything he wants. Sometimes I doubt that he has paid some money to my lawyer as well. Because even my lawyer is somehow focusing more on getting longer dates. Since last 8 months I have been paying for expenses of my own, my daughter and these court proceedings. Although, in between my husband offered me an amount of 5 Lakh and leave the house and divorce him. But I am determined that I won't let him walk away like this. Since last few days he has been threatening me that he has my audio recordings of last 8 months and on basis of that he will get my all cases rejected. He is an IT professional and very good in creating the fake evidences. I am slowly running out of money and patience as my little daughter's future is also ruining. Is there a way of fast proceedings for these kind of cases?? or any sort of positive help. I would be more than happy to pay for the services as long as I get a clear picture.

Learning

9 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     21 April 2016

Do U have valid evidences of UR husband's affair?U should have been careful about UR personal friendship after differences started creeping in UR marital life.U have given a chance to UR husband to have access to UR personal electronic data. If U R sure that your lawyer is hand in glove with them, change him immediately.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Akshi
Dear Lawyer(s),
I am a working professional lady from a low-middle class family. I got married (arranged) to an IT Professional 5 years back and have a 4 years old daughter. I found my husband's affair with one girl soon after the marriage and for that I had a serious argument with my husband. He ended up beating me. In the end everything was sorted out by elders of both families and we were instructed to live together again. However, since then he started hacking my emails and phone to find some evidences against me. 8 months back he again accused me of having an affair with one of my cousin brother (8 years younger to me) and created a scene. Than a month later he stole my phone in night, hacked it and emailed all the whtsapp chat logs to his id. One of these chat logs is with my male colleague and it contains some personal jokes and very friendly gestures and comments about flirt. It also had our chat in which I shared my family issues with him, specially about my physical harassment. But nothing relevant to affair or s*x or anything like it. After this my husband informed everyone including relatives, family members, friends and our neighbours that I am having an affair with my colleague and I am planning to kill him. He used to first verbally harass me to provoke and and than did video recordings all the time using his phone. He broke all the door locks of my room and toilets and at one point he harassed me so much by recording when I was bathing and even breast feeding my daughter, that I had to leave home in night with my daughter. I actually first dialed 100 to call police but as he gave them some money they left without any help. After I reached my parent's home in other state, my father took me to a lawyer and we lodged two cases of Domestic Violence and Dowry. However, 8 months have passed and no fruitful results have been received. He has already got bail in 498a, no progress in domestic violence case, maintenance case is also pending. My husband is earning much better than me so he can afford a good lawyer, bribe police officers, or can do anything he wants. Sometimes I doubt that he has paid some money to my lawyer as well. Because even my lawyer is somehow focusing more on getting longer dates. Since last 8 months I have been paying for expenses of my own, my daughter and these court proceedings. Although, in between my husband offered me an amount of 5 Lakh and leave the house and divorce him. But I am determined that I won't let him walk away like this. Since last few days he has been threatening me that he has my audio recordings of last 8 months and on basis of that he will get my all cases rejected. He is an IT professional and very good in creating the fake evidences. I am slowly running out of money and patience as my little daughter's future is also ruining. Is there a way of fast proceedings for these kind of cases?? or any sort of positive help. I would be more than happy to pay for the services as long as I get a clear picture.

Your story seems to be made up of biscuits.  You telling he has affair. He tom toming you want to kill him.  What is all this, is this marriage?

Talking to opposite s*x maintaining friendship is wrong once you are married, before marriage everything is fine, but after marriage one needs to change.

You have used alll weapons in your armoury.  Now you can just wait for court to pass the verdict, crores of people, lakhs and lakhs of cases, system is slow, patience is the only option.

You can file 21b applicatoin in HC for speedy trial of all cases in LC.

Its advisable to take mutual divorce and move on, don’t waste time in court.

(Guest)
Yupe it is true to get divorce as fast and you will also get hndsme amount...pm me

(Guest)
@ Akshi - what do you want ??? Revenge or your rights for yourself and Daughter. Why u post your personal details on public website? Let the proceedings go on in court - it takes time ! Forget about your Husband & live your life with your Daughter ! Why is her future ruining ??? Your professional lady and earning.

(Guest)
1) It's only been 8 months. It usually takes much longer to get results with stubborn husbands like yours. 2) File some more cases in court. There are many sections in IPC other than 498a, all can be used. 3) If possible dress up daughter and yourself in torn clothes, fast for 3 days, do t take bath for 3 days, then go to court and cry in front of judge about all the cruelty. 4) Judge will surely feel sorry and immediately send husband to jail - then you will get lots and lots of happiness. 5) Good that you are determined and have refused to settle the cases. Your fight is not just about you, it's about the rights of all 498A women. 6) Keep fighting. If you are running out of money, ask your father to sell his home and give that money to lawyer.

(Guest)

Once you become a false 498A woman, all your money will go to lawyer. You think that a man who marries you and makes you a part of his family is evil and this lawyer is your friend? Welcome to the real world. You don't need enemies now, you have your lawyer.

(Guest)

Give Ranee the phone number of your husband please. She is looking for a nice bakra and husbands distressed by stupid wives who listen to lawyers are very good target.

Akshi   25 April 2016

Why everyone think that it is a false dowry or domestic violence case. What exactly is the definition for "Dowry Demand" & "Domestic Violence"??? Perhaps all you intellectuals have a diffirent point of view about it.. but as far my knowledge goes... when husband is asking her wife for arranging money either by selling her own jwellary or getting it from her father - would be called dowry demand. When husband beating his wife when caught in an objectionable position red handed with maid - would be called Domestic Violence. 

Now you may ask me a question that why didn't call police earlier?? why didn't you leave him at that point only??? or even, why didn't you fell to his feet and said sorry for intrupting him in his intimated pleasing moments??

When I posted my querries on this forum, I expected some sensible responses, suggestions or guidance. Apart from "Helping Hand"(a bit harsh), no one actually adivsed anything positive. However, let me thank you for wasting your valueable time and reading this thread.

Dr Martin Campbell (Doctor)     25 April 2016

Originally posted by : Akshi
Why everyone think that it is a false dowry or domestic violence case. What exactly is the definition for "Dowry Demand" & "Domestic Violence"??? Perhaps all you intellectuals have a diffirent point of view about it.. but as far my knowledge goes... when husband is asking her wife for arranging money either by selling her own jwellary or getting it from her father - would be called dowry demand. When husband beating his wife when caught in an objectionable position red handed with maid - would be called Domestic Violence. 

Now you may ask me a question that why didn't call police earlier?? why didn't you leave him at that point only??? or even, why didn't you fell to his feet and said sorry for intrupting him in his intimated pleasing moments??

When I posted my querries on this forum, I expected some sensible responses, suggestions or guidance. Apart from "Helping Hand"(a bit harsh), no one actually adivsed anything positive. However, let me thank you for wasting your valueable time and reading this thread.

Akshi,

False or true, all that court will decide.  Matrimonial disputes in court take long time to decide.  To be frank, there you wont get justice for any matrimonial dispute. 

Its best to go for settlement by taking mutual consent divorce and move on.  Once you go to court nobody cares about hurt, both are hurt and nobody gets any benefit.  The faster you understand this, better for you.  

I see you have lost lot of time already, dont lose some more by filing 21b application in High Court for speedy trial of cases in lower courts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register