Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajesh   22 May 2017

Need help and clarification in divorce

Hi

We were married for more than 5 yrs, I am a christian and she is a muslim, we liked each other so we did a registered marriage (inter religious marriage) in register office, we informed our families and they wanted to have their way of custom marriage for family reasons, So we had a christiam marriage soon ( where she converted to christian), then soon we had a muslim marriage ( where i converted to muslim). we are not too religous and we were good at this point.  She got a incurable form of severe vitiligo were we are scared to have baby at this point. for me every thing in life is having lot of kids I am super obsessive over children. we dont have problems we completely understand each other, I tried adopting kids but I didnt get settled down

questions :  

1. she is ok If I marry some one with or without divorce, she knows how much I like childrens

2. how soon can I get divorce, should i appy through general way as we did a registered marriage, or can I dissolve through muslim faith as we had our last ceremony through that way.  ailmoney and support are not a concern here

3. suggest me something,  but at the end i need lot of kids (there is nothing wrong loving to have lot of kids)

Thanks in advance

Learning

15 Replies

Martin Sooji (Advocate)     22 May 2017

Originally posted by : rajesh
Hi

We were married for more than 5 yrs, I am a christian and she is a muslim, we liked each other so we did a registered marriage (inter religious marriage) in register office, we informed our families and they wanted to have their way of custom marriage for family reasons, So we had a christiam marriage soon ( where she converted to christian), then soon we had a muslim marriage ( where i converted to muslim). we are not too religous and we were good at this point.  She got a incurable form of severe vitiligo were we are scared to have baby at this point. for me every thing in life is having lot of kids I am super obsessive over children. we dont have problems we completely understand each other, I tried adopting kids but I didnt get settled down

questions :  

1. she is ok If I marry some one with or without divorce, she knows how much I like childrens

2. how soon can I get divorce, should i appy through general way as we did a registered marriage, or can I dissolve through muslim faith as we had our last ceremony through that way.  ailmoney and support are not a concern here

3. suggest me something,  but at the end i need lot of kids (there is nothing wrong loving to have lot of kids)

Thanks in advance

You want to open school?

What connection between vitiligo and having children?

You can take mutual divorce in court and remarry.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 May 2017

It is believed that it was marriage under Special Marriage Act.

Go thru:

Central Government Act
Section 27 in The Special Marriage Act, 1954
27. Divorce.—

https://indiankanoon.org/doc/695509/

Agreeing with Mr.Martin Suji

Has your doctor advised against having childrern?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     22 May 2017

Obtain decree of mutual consent divorce.

rajesh   24 May 2017

Hi , Thanks for the reply,

these are my answers to replied people comments

1. yes my first registered marriage is under special marriage act
  2. Doctors says there are more possibility of chances to get vitiligo if parents has it
  3. "What connection between vitiligo and having children?"  the moment a person get vitiligo they get severe emotional distress, people will stay away from them , marriage issue, lot of things, impacts from the society ( of course we should admit we dont live in perfect society), People see from outside cannot imagine their problems

question :

1. For the family customs we have our last family marriage cermony by muslim faith, instead getting a mutual consent divorce, can I divorce her through muslim laws like talaq( i dont have much idea, ofcourse its controversial but iam wondering), what is the fastest way to get divorce

Thanks in advance

(Guest)

yes my first registered marriage is under special marriage act
Doctors says there are more possibility of chances to get vitiligo if parents has it
"What connection between vitiligo and having children?"  the moment a person get vitiligo they get severe emotional distress, people will stay away from them , marriage issue, lot of things, impacts from the society ( of course we should admit we dont live in perfect society), People see from outside cannot imagine their problems

question :

1. For the family customs we have our last family marriage cermony by muslim faith, instead getting a mutual consent divorce, can I divorce her through muslim laws like talaq( i dont have much idea, ofcourse its controversial but iam wondering), what is the fastest way to get divorce

Thanks in advance

BECAUSE OF MADAR CHODS LIKE YOU MUSLIMS HAVE TO TAKE BAD NAME.  ANYWAY TEHRE IS NO OPTION OTHER THAN SIMPLY GOING FOR MUTUAL DIVORCE.

YOUR INTENTION IS CLEAR NOW.  YOU WANT TO GET RID OF THIS POOR FEMALE. BY CITING SOME REASON OR OTHER.

COURT WONT GRANT YOU DIVORCE, YOU WILL HAVE TO SUFFER WITH HER LIFE LONG.

YOU SOUNDREL  PEOPLE WHO HAVE VITILIGO PRODUCE NORMAL  CHILDREN.

(Guest)

yes my first registered marriage is under special marriage act
Doctors says there are more possibility of chances to get vitiligo if parents has it
"What connection between vitiligo and having children?"  the moment a person get vitiligo they get severe emotional distress, people will stay away from them , marriage issue, lot of things, impacts from the society ( of course we should admit we dont live in perfect society), People see from outside cannot imagine their problems

question :

Thanks in advance

AGREE WITH AOBE ADVOCATE.  YOU ARE SIMPLY CONSTRUCTING IDEAS HOW TO GET RID OF WIFE, THAT TOO AFTER USING HER.

whatnot   25 May 2017

Do you have the nikah?

Is marriage signed by Qaji?

Get 5 witness and Imam and handover mohar and done with it.

But you may still have to sign MCD papers and submit in a court and do the legal formalities.

rajesh   27 May 2017

Yes we did nikah, and its signed, everything is official. appreciate clarifying things.

People who wants to shout in bad words stay away from this thread, I am not going to do the same then there wont be any difference.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 May 2017

Is it not that the marriage is toi be dissolved per provisions of  Special Marriage Act.

rajesh   29 May 2017

is it mandatory to dissolve the marriage happened through special marriage act? or will that become void automatically

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Kumar Doab
Is it not that the marriage is toi be dissolved per provisions of  Special Marriage Act.

What is this advice kumar?

u dont have any experience in family law.

you better stick to labour law, which is your field of expertise.

dont misguide people with zero knowledge.

Avik Sarkar (advocate)     30 May 2017

if you love each other so much try IVF its a way of having kids these days. that was just a personal opinion as i dont like couples getting divorced over issues which can be settled. 

As for the query relating to the divorce: as you said the marriage has been registered you can go to the local court which has jurisdiction over the place where you got married and get a divorce by mutual consent. All you need to do is hire a lawyer who will have to file a petition for divorce with mutual consent ( this shouldnt cost you more than 25k) post which you'll be given a six month cooling period by the judge after which you shall have one or two more hearings after which the judge will grant you a divorce. 

my personal opinion once again to you would be go for IVF and dont divorce your wife as with what you've narrated she seems to be an exceptionally understanding woman and with full respect to her I would advice you stop being selfish about your needs for having a child and be there for her forever.  Dont abondon her when she needs you the most. For heavens sake MAN UP and stand with her.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register