Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashob (SWO)     01 December 2013

Need help

Hey,

Could you pls guide me?

One of my friends having a relationship from last 2 years, they have not married, due to his irresponsible attitude and other factors she wants to come out of relationship, She and her parents expressed their problems with him but he is not ready to accept it and leave her alone. He is annoying her, sending blackmail texts, threatening her, meeting her on public places.

He can prove anywhere that, they had a relationship, he has saved texts, other materials. But they have not legally married, and there is no oral or written contract from parents side.

Guide me, if she file a police case against him, would she get justice? 

How to deal with?

Thanking you..

Learning

1 Replies

Pooja Hegde R. (Advocate)     02 December 2013

First try to go to a mahila sangh or women organization and solve this problem by involving the boy's mother. If problem persists then she can file a police complaint for blackmail and harassment and have him arrested. My first suggestion is because she is of marriageable age. Remember she has nothing to fear if she complaints to police because even newspapers cannot use her real name to report about her case. As a rule even newspapers use change names to report auch news.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register