Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jai (na)     07 November 2013

Need help

Hi There,

I worked for some body in the month of April 2013 and he promised me a salary package of 34000/-, he did not give me any appointment letter and after a month he shut down his work and started somewhere else, when I called him he said he will pay my salary but later he stopped taking my calls, I don't have anything as proof against him apart from couple of emails and cell phone messages can somebody help me.

Thanks

Jai

Learning

6 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 November 2013

Please lodge a complaint in the jurisdictional police station along with the documentary evidences in your possession for taking action to recover your salary amount 

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     07 November 2013

Make a report in The police station stating full details about deceiving and cheating by the company , and request to recover your salary from The company .

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 November 2013

The employer should have provided the proper circular/letter citing reason for closure/relieving the employees so that there is no adverse effect on future employability, relieving letter, service certificate, correct FNF statement, payment of FNF dues, form16 as per correct FNF statement, PF number, PF a/c slips for entire tenure of service, ESIC card , salary slip of all months of employment…………………   

The employee can approach:

>> Lawyer/Law firm: The legal notice can help to drill sense into the heads.

>>Trade Unions: The Leaders know the precise ways to handle such matters.

>> Inspector under Shops and Commercial Establishments Act of the State…………One of the duties of the Inspector is to ensure that the dues of the separated employee are paid.

Many of the states have inserted a clause in the Act that appointment letter should be issued. You may go thru the (name of your state) Shops and Commercial Establishments Act……….

>> Inspector under Payment of Wages Act (Applicable to all employees drawing wages as per def. of wages in the Act up to Rs.18000/pm)

>> RPFC in o/o PF Commissioner (Nearest office has to help even if the PF a/c is ion some other office)

>> Inspector in Local/jurisdictional ESIC office………….( Wage ceiling for ESIC was Rs.15000/pm as per def. of wages in the Act and it is learnt that it was enhanced to Rs.25000/pm)

As advised by experts/members you may also approach police with criminal complaint………..

Jai (na)     08 November 2013

Thanks a lot for your suggestion Sir but I am confused should I go to near by police station or the one where my office was or the one that is near to his house with whom I was working because I was working in Malviya nagar, Delhi that person stays in Gurgaon and I stay in north Delhi.

Thanks Again

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 November 2013

police has no jurisdiction to recover your service dues.

Jai (na)     16 November 2013

Hi,

I went to the police station and they asked me to go to the police station where my office was, and they also told me that every zone has it's jurisdiction.

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register