Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aadi Shivan (Executive)     30 September 2014

Need help

Hi there,

I purchased Karbonn Tablet ST2 (IMEI: ST2I013128) from Pune on Feb 2013.

In November 2013, i submitted the same to F-tech Service (Karbonn Service Center) in Pune for Touch Pad broken & Volume key issue. After 1 month, Service Center provided computerized job sheet. And they took 3 months to repair the same (as per service center, Karbonn logistics always delay in providing parts). They changed mother board of it (because of hang issue) and because of it serial number gets changed (New IMEI: ST2I015437). I paid 1700 for touch screen change. Warranty was expired on the day when device returned to me after fix. And the service center guy told me that warranty has been extended for 2 months i.e., April 2014.

Now in April 2014, i found hanging issue & touch screen non-response. So i went to F-tech services, Pune. There i came to know that service center is permanently closed because of many consumer cases and owner of service center advise me to go to other service center.

In Sept 2014, i went to Vision tech enterprises, Pimpri, Pune and submitted my tablet (on 2nd Sept). In 24th Sept 2014 they changed touch screen and billed me Rs. 1700 without giving me computerized job sheet. Because they are saying that new serial number (IMEI: ST2I015437) hasn't updated yet in system (for which he sent email to Karbonn almost 15 days back) so computerized job sheet can’t be provided. But Vision tech enterprises, Pimpri, Pune provided me manual job sheet.

From April 2014 till Aug 2014 I was not in condition to goto any service center. But I informed customer care about this issue well in advance.

Till the time I hadn’t submitted my device to service center, Karbonn customer care (Ms. Deepika Jai Singh) was keep responding to my email communication. But once I submitted it to Service center and informed them, no one is responding and I am keep chasing with Karbonn from last 23 days. I am using prashant.softengg@gmail.com to communicate with Karbonn.

The email which I wrote them, in that I clearly said that I am not going to pay any further charges.

I almost spend the same amount on this device (Petrol + service center charges) which I pay while purchasing. They are mentally & emotionally harassing me as I bought this tablet for my son and he used it for only 4-5 month till now. Karbonn cheated and failed to provide promised service.

My question is: Why i have to pay again?

As per my latest communication with Karbonn, they denied to waive-off the payment of Rs.1700.

Please suggest me if I can move to consumer forum for the same.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register