Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Need help

Hi All,

I have a query with respect to the above captioned subject.My brother wishes to start a dairy farm with an initial investment of Rs 20 lakhs. All the infrastructure + equipments & cattle have been brought.The said dairy project is totally undertaken by my brother with he owning all the capital invested and he has employed one of his cousin and a servant who will act as the managing agents.The cousin brother wishes to have a share in the profits while servant will be employed to assist in the procurement and selling of the milk (non packaging form)and to get wages in return.

Since milk selling directly to the consumer can attract the provisions of the food safety act and there are chances of adulteration knowingly by any of the managing parties, I am interested in knowing what precautions he(my brother) should take from the initial stages to fix the liability for fair dealings with his cousin & the servant so that in the case of any unforeseen event of adulteration, my brother does not get penalized because of other person's fault/ill-motive/casualness with respect to his business as he will not be actively involved in this business.

Is there any precautions my brother can take in advance for protecting himself legally in this business..be it in the form of having a registered service agreement in writing with his cousin and the servant?Will that alone is enough or something more is required?
your valuable suggestions are needed!

Thanx..

Rashmi 

Learning

4 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     15 September 2014

Afaik they will have to be construed as independent contractors and agreements made accordingly. Only in such cases liabilities due their acts may not pass on to others. However, in an actual happening the facts and evidence may override any agreement.

Devendra Singh (Recruiter)     16 September 2014

Me in living DLF phase IV, Gurgaon on rent since 1st July 201. As per mutual understanding between me and landlord I have to pay monthly rent, Maintenance charge and electricity (as per submeter units @ 8Rs. per unit). We have for 4 floor in building, 2 floor with landlord and rest 2 for rent. As per meter reading of last billing cycle (23rd June 14 to 24th Aug 2014) total electricity consumed in whole Building is 655 Units only and as per submeter for my floor only we used 508 Units for 2 following (July 2014 and Aug 2014) without any use of any heavy electricity using devices like AC, Washing machine, Television. I Feel he doing cheating with in Submeter. I ask reason with landlord about same then he reply me leave his building. 

Bala (Business)     19 September 2014

Hi,

My cousin brother got missed on 2months ago. We filed petition in police station, still not yet get any responses from police station. Still not put FIR, they only put as CSR. We have doubtful person also, but they didn't do. As discussed with our friends they told to file the petition in the court. Could you please advice me how to file the petition in the court? Please advice me asap.  Thanks for Advance

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     17 October 2014

all unconnected issues got mixed up.  It is better that  everyone has his/her onw thread on his/her subject.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register