Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

STUTI   13 July 2017

Need guidance from all... regarding: extra marital affair

Hello All.

I am 29 yrs old. Married since 2 yrs. It was a love marriage. We both worked at the same place but are different by cultures. He is south indian and I am gujarati. Just after 2 months of marriage, I found nude photos of one of his gf in his laptop. When I confronted him, he said he was addicted to her and will soon get over it. Later found SMS to the same female after few months. And when again I asked, he said that as there were conflicts between me and his mother, he was upset and made him talk to him generally. We always fight over this topic as he says I never trust him. He had parallely also contacting his another ex gf and tried to get her also back to taking terms. Now after 2 years also, he is still talking to them when both are married in their own lives and asking for nude photos, trying to meet them for night stay and all. He has stopped all relations with me and avoids me. I love him very much but I dont know what to do. Pls guide.

Learning

13 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 July 2017

Straight away ask him to change the  mind & thoughts. Otherwise consequences will be very danger. Give warning to him. Other option is love towards him.  Unless you express your love for your husband, he will never know how you feel for him. Sweet little things like leaving I Love You notes in his shirt pocket, posting cute quotes on Facebook, sending I Miss You texts while he is at work and sharing funny pins on Pinterest go a long way in rekindling the romance in your marriage. Such romantic gestures can become the foundation of the intimacy in your relationship as husband and wife. If it is a special occasion like your wedding anniversary or his birthday, go one step forward and write a heartfelt message on a greeting card to profess your love for him with style and grandeur.

STUTI   13 July 2017

Thanks alot. I have been trying to do all this as you suggested. He said to me clearly that he doesnt like my caring for him and I should not do "girlish" things. He also told me that nobody can keep him happy. Even when I gifted him on our anniversary, he said dont do it again asI will never gift you anything.

I also told him many times that please stop doing this as it is affecting our relationship. But he seems to be very casual about it.

Arjun Kohli   13 July 2017

It is really unfortunate as to how your situation exists, right now. Since you are not inclined towards taking any legal action, as I can interpret from your words, the only reasonable measure seems re-affirming the bond because you can not simply wait it out your entire life. You know deep down that something concrete has to be done, since you have taken adequate steps as well, and it is only you who has to decide taking them. Caring and Responsibilities are one thing but suffering on such pretext is essentially against the fundamental law of Self Preservation. Even if you're able to sacrifice yourself for the sake of the (false) stability of the bond, psychologically, you won't last in your own skin to live life in the normal sense. Therefore, you have to make up your mind. Engage some psychological help for yourself or your husband, if possible, or try talking to the point between yourselves and come to a conclusion regarding the way forward.

1 Like

STUTI   13 July 2017

Is there any legal way out? Though thats the last thing I will seek but still. And he isnt ready for any psychological help too. I was suffering from anxiety problems but he told me not to seek any help.

SHREY DAMBHARE   13 July 2017

If you want divorce then you have very strong ground for getting divorce from your husband, but if you do not want divorce then you can opt for adulterycharges under Section 497 of IPC against your husband as well as that girl or either of them. If you succeed against that girl who is seducing your husband then it may help you. It possibly may deter your husband too. But law protect women from being adulterous. I am hearing such facts for the first time, I think you should challenge law also with prayer to restrain that girl, so to avoid any uncertainity.     

STUTI   13 July 2017

Thanks alot for the guidance but will I not require the proofs or any other base on which adultery can be charged?

I think those pictures of her and messages in your husband's mobile is enough. You cant take screenshot. As well as you can click photo of message and your huband's mobile, along with Call details record. Since, it is criminal you can ask form Police as well as Court for CDR. 

STUTI   13 July 2017

He has deleted those pictures. And after the chat, he deletes the chat. So I have no proof for now. Also there are other females also whom he is trying to get over friendly. 

So, I think this is what you wanted? Now, no wife can compel her husband to have romantic relationship with her. First of all, be sure what you want to happen. Litigation changes as per prayer you sought from the Court.  

You can file for Divorce on account of cruelty citing failure to fulfill the conjugal relationship on his part u/s 13 of Hindu marriage act, as well as Irretrievable Breakdown of Marriage on such account.

@Ramesh Singh. I bow down to your great knowledge. I kown women can't be punish. I am aware of the Supreme Court Judgment and same I mentioned in my comment that adulterous girl cannot be punished. But, at the same time, I advice to challenge this setlled position of law, looking to the facts of the case. 

Originally posted by : SHREY DAMBHARE
@Ramesh Singh. I bow down to your great knowledge. I kown women can't be punish. I am aware of the Supreme Court Judgment and same I mentioned in my comment that adulterous girl cannot be punished. But, at the same time, I advice to challenge this setlled position of law, looking to the facts of the case. 

I am not sure as to what level of resources it would take to get the said judgment secured. Because certainly, the lower courts will deny the relief based on exisiting laws. It will have to be done by the Supreme Court itself. Therefore, the time and duration involved will take half the querist's life. Now I am not saying that change can not be brought forth or her grievance is less important but on the notion of self preservation, it is for her to decide if she wants to engage in legal battle with not only her husband here but the settled law itself, for which ofcourse she would need great legal counsel and help. However, it is equally her rigtht to opt for divorce and live out rest of her life the way she wills. 

Unfortunately, we can only reccomend what we think is suitable and I appreciate what you suggested too, but it is ultimately her choice to weigh in the factors and make a move.

STUTI   14 July 2017

Thanks alot for your guidance. It has really helped me a lot. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register