Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

LegalFighter (test)     14 February 2017

Need good books on cross examination

Dear Experts,

I am a law student pursuing 1st year LLB as well am representing my cases of GWOP and DIVORCE myself.I request senior lawyers/experts/friends to suggest me some good books on cross examination.I agree I cannot compete with any experts only  by studying books,but I want to take my case myself and trying to do the best from my side since I trust Justice is law.My wife is also representing herself in FC but she has been backed up by a senior counsel whose age in 61.Now I realize the power and the art of cross examination through my friends(pursuing LLB or Junior lawyers) and they are saying "your opposite lawyer is one of the senior most counsel in the city and he is very good at cross examination and he is a very good criminal lawyer.Its very tough to handle his cross examination, since he will turn most of the truths submitted by you as false "

I request my brother members to kindly suggest me some good books on Cross Examination so that I will buy time from court to read those books and be prepared before the trail.

Learning

9 Replies

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     14 February 2017

At the risk of sounding like a famous (infamous?) television personality, let me tell you that a book can never ever ever never teach you how to cross examine! For a student, my advise would be to devote time and sit in District Trial Courts; keep your eyes and ears open; watch cross examinations and learn while staying in touch with the theoretical fundamentals of CPC, CrPC and Evidence Act (how you do take out the time is best left to you).

Now a polite suggestion (as polite as I can be) ... engage a lawyer and assist him in law as well, if you think you can, but don't be foolhardy to take on your own case. Have you heard this saying - a man who is his own lawyer has a fool for his client - there's a reason why it holds true. Good for you if wifey is prepared to botch her case, you don't take that perceived self-respect route - if she can do it, so can I!

(Guest)

Around 5 years ago there was a guy who used to take advise from me over phone how to do cross examination. I have forgot his name, whats worth mentioning is, he was fighting 3 cases, DV case, divorce case and maintennace case.  His wife was hiding her employment details and was fooling the court and taking alimony.  He not only won the maintenance case (appeal in HC), DV case dismissed and also got divorce.  He too had advocate representing him, fed up with advocates who not work properly he represented his case PIP.  What he used to ask me was, what questions should I ask.  This forms main part of a cross examination.

This cant be gotten from some book.  Mainly coz situations vary and lot of things go into cross examination, like voice, timing.

Since you are fighting your case on your own.  I can help you with cross exxamination questions.  For that you need to give her WS, your WS and relevant documents scans.  Based on which you can jollywell cross and win the case if at all merits are on your  side.

Few members namely sachin, stanley, whatnot, autohide etc think that I am customer hunting in this forum.  Few of those who took advise from me know it very well that I dont charge fees, these have graduated themselves to giving advise to others, so please do refrain from passing lewd below the belt remarks against me.

(Guest)

Even if you cant do cross examination, its is ok.  YOUr written arguments should be perfect. That will surely help you win the case.  You must have contacted me once but I dont remember exactly.  You can however contact me if you wish so.  But dont run behind books for learning cross examination.

Sachin (N.A)     14 February 2017

Originally posted by : Helping Hand !

Few members namely sachin, stanley, whatnot, autohide etc think that I am customer hunting in this forum.  Few of those who took advise from me know it very well that I dont charge fees, these have graduated themselves to giving advise to others, so please do refrain from passing lewd below the belt remarks against me.

Everybody knows how cheap you are........

Let me remind you that you suggested a husband that he can file case of Domestic Violence Act and you further wrote that you will PM him a judgement of SC for futher guidence.

May I know is it charity work or client hunting.......

Mukesh sharma (job )     14 February 2017

Hi there no books who teach you to how you do cross exam in  court when one senior lawyer opposite to you but here i mention to you if you have confidence and you now you do your best than you no need to any books 

he only ask to you question about your avidence and other document if you have submit in court thats all so you have good idea about all answer carefully 

its comes with practice not with read books 

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     15 February 2017

Ah, the reward of following posts...now I've been enlightened on which Members to take seriously. wink

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Sachin

Let me remind you that you suggested a husband that he can file case of Domestic Violence Act and you further wrote that you will PM him a judgement of SC for futher guidence.

Putting a kids face on your ID wont make you one.

Your language shows why you are facing this situation where you dont even have a advocate to represent you forget your wife standing by you.

Anyway what I suggest you is dont give mis-leading advise with your half baked brain, this will just create more confusion for the advise seeker.

First come out of your cases, then based on your experience you can advise people on this forum or elsewhere.

So that DV case guy was you.  I rather not help people like you, for you are not courteous and gentle.  Learn to be courteous and be reasonable when you ask for help from experts.  Always address experts as Sir to begin with this will help you get good advise for that point anybody.

Please dont assume yourself to be some gangleader of sorts here on this forum or you are not Arnab Gowsami who used to tell The nation wants to know.. when you talk about cheapness.  Yes, I am cheap, for free advise has no value at all until it is followed.

So for your own good stay away from passing such lewd comments on public forum which shows your class!  I have reported your posts to the admin.  

Please dont break your head, get drunk and post some more idiotic messages on the forum.  Maintain decency and decorum of the forum Sachin.  You have a nice name, one that of the greatest cricketer of all time, try to behave nicely for the sake of the great name you have, at the least of it.

Take care boy.

please visit my profile page at

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/profile.asp?member_id=84464

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     15 February 2017

You got proper message Sachin. Henceforth, always use the titles conferred by the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire and the order of chivalry of British constitutional monarchy when referring to an LCI Expert. Though you may refer to some Members as Dame or Lady, if the entitled one is of the fair s.e.x.  Strict view may be taken of derogation from this protocol.

Oh, and please don't use Madam...that sounds so ... uh ... gross if you know what I mean wink

1 Like

Sachin (N.A)     15 February 2017

Originally posted by : Sachin

Putting a kids face on your ID wont make you one.

Your language shows why you are facing this situation where you dont even have a advocate to represent you forget your wife standing by you.

Anyway what I suggest you is dont give mis-leading advise with your half baked brain, this will just create more confusion for the advise seeker.

First come out of your cases, then based on your experience you can advise people on this forum or elsewhere.

So that DV case guy was you.  I rather not help people like you, for you are not courteous and gentle.  Learn to be courteous and be reasonable when you ask for help from experts.  Always address experts as Sir to begin with this will help you get good advise for that point anybody.

Please dont assume yourself to be some gangleader of sorts here on this forum or you are not Arnab Gowsami who used to tell The nation wants to know.. when you talk about cheapness.  Yes, I am cheap, for free advise has no value at all until it is followed.

So for your own good stay away from passing such lewd comments on public forum which shows your class!  I have reported your posts to the admin.  

Please dont break your head, get drunk and post some more idiotic messages on the forum.  Maintain decency and decorum of the forum Sachin.  You have a nice name, one that of the greatest cricketer of all time, try to behave nicely for the sake of the great name you have, at the least of it.

Take care boy.

please visit my profile page at

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/profile.asp?member_id=84464

First that person whome you was misguiding was not me ......

Second you gave many instructions to me and other members about what to do or not to do.....

So i give you free advise :

1. Earn some money instead of intructing others on LCI

2. Open your own site and make your own rules.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register