LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     29 April 2010

Need for Change

Will there be any change in our club's pointing system?

Learning

3 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     29 April 2010

Do you feel that there should be a change? Any suggestions?

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     30 April 2010

MY PERCEPTIONS :

1.  Presently  selected  members post  one liners  messages / posts (like  "Thank you" or other  irrelevant  & non-legal topics / issues / Jokes)  which are irrelevant in context to the  "Lawyers Club" objectives.
AND BY DOING SO,  many members constantly and consistently keep on increasing their  "score-card"   points by default, which in a way has no legal significance or legal values when in context to the  "Laweyers Club" objectives.

MY SUGGESTION :

1.  Make a provision on the top or bottom right-hand corner of each posting decipiting a   one-time-click-per-member  "RATING"  5 stars  system for the members posts, where the forum members can click on the rating stars to describe/evaluate  the reply quality of the other members posts.  This will truely show the value and importance & legality of the posts made by members.

2.  This will ensure & encourage the quality of legal posts by genuine and professional persons.

3.  Further Also there should an icon decipting  the word "offensive",  wherein the member may click on the "offensive"  icon and record the selected post as  "offensive",  which in turn should automatically alert the  "administrator" or say the "moderator"  about such  "offensive" postings and necessary action make be taken by the  "administrator / moderator".

4.  Instead of glory'fying & showing the members name alongwith the highest number of score-card points,  IT would be more sensible & appropriate to show the names of the members  who have scored the most numbers of  5 Star Ratings for his posts.

REWARDS :

a)   At the moment,  rewards / prizes (like Tee-Shirt or IPods)  are distributed unlogically to those members who have increased their "scorecard" points by using  illogical and irrelevant posts.

b)   Such rewards, IF ANY, may be provided for to the members,  who have scored the highest STAR ratings in a year, for their posts.

CONSIDER THIS QUOTE :
A real decision is measured by the fact that you've taken a new action. If  there's no action, you haven't truly decided.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Daksh (Student)     30 April 2010

Hi All,

I concur with the concern initiated by Arvintham and inputs shared by Hemant regarding Point system.

My personal view is that what's wrong if this system is totally abolished and replaced with much more logical one.

At the onset what is the logic, objective in having this number/point system and whether we have been able to achieve the objective entirely.

My suggestion is four  fold 1. Firstly let's abolish it totally and the grading should be subjective one (henceforth the Administrator will appoint two to three distinguished person who will monitor each thread and based upon their opinion at the end of each month publicly there should be some appreciation (based on presentation, research and practical solution of the problem at hand) and may be reward for the deserving persons.

2.  Secondly we should try to avoid the rat race syndrome and should concentrate on subject/content and research based posts which will in turn be good data base for future research and data purposes.

3.   Politics, person specific, pointed threads (meant to spread political ideology, based on day to day reporting in the Newspapers, reproduction of  otherwise meaningless text with a view to earn points) should be banned for once and all.

4.   Last but not least my request for subject based mentoring may be considered for new entrants.

Best Regards

Daksh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register