LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

karthichennai86 (Software Engineer)     26 November 2015

Need an advice?

I got married in december 2013. Till now I haven't had  a s*xual intercourse with my wife. We married as per Hindu Marriage Act.  I married because of family compulsion. 2 years gone. She is not ready to give  a divorce at all. Her  parents also not willing to come and talk to us. 

My wife is extremely dominating and threatens me for putting false allegations on me when we have any argument. Also, she says that she will never leave this house if I apply for divorce as it is her right and will destroy me.

Please advice.
Thanks

Learning

8 Replies

Vivek (Clerk)     26 November 2015

Hi Karthick,

Even I was in your situation, even I got married in 2013.

Lot of things happened starting of this year, criminal cases, police station, court, lawyers.

Below is my advice.

1. Decide whether you want to live with her or not.

2.Seek professional counselling help.

3. To be on safer side, start recording her conversations. Try as much as to protect yourself from getting into criminal cases.

4.Get seperated from your parents and sibblings immediately.

5. Approach government counselling centres. If you sense matters getting worse, then approach your local police station and give complaint. 

6. Keep a watch on her activities.

7. Try gathering as much evidences as possible in terms of documents, photos, videos, call/conversation recordings.

8.Dont lose your temper at any cost.

All the best. Hope and pray you lead a peaceful life.

1 Like

B.N.Raja Mohamed (ADVOCATE)     26 November 2015

Sir,

Very boldly you can file a petition for divorce on the grounds of mental cruelty.The acts of your wife is apparently a case of mental cruelty and the court will dissolve the marriage.

1 Like

B.N.Raja Mohamed (ADVOCATE)     26 November 2015

Sir,

Very boldly you can file a petition for divorce on the grounds of mental cruelty.The acts of your wife is apparently a case of mental cruelty and the court will dissolve the marriage.

Originally posted by : B.N.Raja Mohamed
Sir,

Hi Raja,

Thanks for your response. What will happen if she dont want to give divorce at all.. my family told that she can only give divorce because I dont have any valid reason to apply for divorce..

Its very confusing.. Can I tell this reason "We havent had any s*xual intercourse" still she is virgin only..  Is this reason is sufficient enough to proceed further?

please advice

Thanks

Originally posted by : Yentede Banta

Its time that you applied for divorce, you have lost already lot of time, dont waste time.  File divorce now.  If possible talk to her and take mutual divorce which will come for a price.  Usually one shot alimony and then you are a free bird in 6 months time. These are the onlyh options for you.

Another option is still open, go have se x with her.  Forceful se x cannot be proved in court between wife and husband so go do it, perhaps after se x she will change.

Hi, What can I do If she doesnt agree for mutual divorce..

Thanks

saravanan s (legal advisor)     26 November 2015

Mr karthick why did you marry her first of all.if you say its under compulsion a guy of your age cant tell that as an excuse.frankly speaking its you who had played in the girls life.now she is taking revenge on you.just forget everything and involve in matrimonial life with her.she would definitely change.if notyou can press her for. Mutual divorce

karthichennai86 (Software Engineer)     27 November 2015

I conveyed so many times to her. But she and her family doesnt care about me. I'm the only son to my mom and my father is no more.. 

She doesnt care about my mom as well. I bought a new home in chennai before my marriage. Now she is simply sitting and couldnt do any work. My mom is doing all the work in my home who is very old.

Dont know how to move with her and her family members..  Please advice

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 November 2015

Even though you both are living under the same roof, the non-consummation of marriage even after two years of marriage is a very serious issue.  If she is not willing for conjugal relationship then the purpose of marriage is defeated. The essential reason for marriage is procreation also and if she is not willing for it despite passage of good time in between, there should be some serious problem with her, have you ever consulted a doctor or a marriage counselor in this regard?

Well if she is not at all willing to have conjugal relationship with you and also is not cooperating with you in the marital obligations, it is better you consult a good lawyer and apply for divorce on the grounds of mental cruelty and non=cohabitation and also non-consummation of marriage,owing to her impotency, let she prove to be potent enough.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register