Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

L K C   03 September 2015

Need advice on my future with wife cruelity

Dear All,

Am really worried about my future as am into depression now.My story goes as below:

I got married in April 2015(arranged Marriage),and from the first day of marriage my wife quarels for petty issues and alleges me as am the only reason for all things.Like if some tells her to have food ,she blames me that am telling bad things about her to them and they are coming to console her.May that be reception makeup issue ,her college trip or even for my parites she has problem and quarels like anything with me.And one issue is she always tells me that she doent trust me not able to cohabit with me.She always tell that she doent need this life she threatens me that she will kill herself.

Then also I try to console her that see we are hust married and all will be fine we need to understand each other but also this suggestion puts her out and she quarels that if you are not understanding me then why you got married to me.

Then again for small small quarels she had attempted suicide thrice.

First one she tried when my mother asked her for food and she mother told her that why u are angry on my son what has food done to you.

Second time she attempted because it was her birthday and i didnt wish her at midnight and we also had petty quarels before midnight.

Third time she attempted because we had a party and i told her that she can go with my brother and his iwfe to the party location i will directly go there from office and she asked me to come and take her.Again i came home to take her but she refused out of anger and i went alone as it was close relatives party.

Then her family member took her from the hospital directly.And now they are deciding not to send her back.

Am also very afraid of her attempts and threats that she will kill herself.Again after she went home she used to quarel with me for no reason and tell i attempt becoz we have quarels.

Please Suggest what i need to do:

- I am not more attached to her now and she is emotionally blackmailing me,but the fear and depression has taken me over.Am also consulting a pshychiatrist for the same.

- If her family members go ahead and file any case against me and my family what i need to do??

- Do i need to lodge a FIR for her suicide attempts for my sake ??

I want to safeguard me and my family and dont want her to ruin my life in future.

Learning

12 Replies

Born Fighter (xxx)     03 September 2015

Based on what you have mentioned your wife has a personality disorder  OR shes threatening you as she's not interested to continue the relation.

Have a family meeting with an intention to understand where things are going wrong and what you both can do to work the relation. Try first talking to her in person and if that fails than approach for meeting with elders.

So far as her suicide threats are concerned you need to be careful, write about the same to your local police station and keep them informed. Since she was admitted in hospital once after attempting suicide has the local police got aware of the same. You need to protect yourself n family first. If anything happens to wife within first 7yrs of marriage then husband and family will be held responsible for the suicide as per law.

Dost, dont get depressed , understand whats hapening and why and unwind yourself. Find out about her past, has she exhibiting same behaviour/attempted suicides before marriage OR taken any psychiatric treatment . Go for annulement of marriage as there is no cohabition. Make a strategy to come out of the relationship if its not working by gathering evidences of her threats/cruelty.....it will help you later if you guys plan for divorce. Best will be MCD-Mutual Consent Divorce.

Today she is threatening me through FB that she will not spare me and have started picking up quarel for photos on FB and my trips i had before marrgiage and thing like which hotel i was and what i slept with someone and other things and have started telling me you left me at my parents house though their members took her from hospital directly.

I have not complained in PS because of family respect and my family though she will change her mind and be a better person,but all in vain from today's incident she is calling me frequently and and am in office and not picking her call as if i talk i may not concentrate on my work and again she is blackmailing me of things like i have killed her internally and other things.

Please Help.

I walk alone (Asst Manager)     03 September 2015

To add with Born Fighter, here are my views.

As Husband, you need to be the best friend to your wife first, the reason behind you're putting this query probably, you might have lost the confidence to your wife. You need to get the same back and it is not only you to have the confidence in your mind & soul, your wife should feel the same. A girl in her parental home is alwasy the pampered one and if you expect that she would understand you at the first glance itself, Sorry Buddy! Its hardly possible. She comes to you with super high expectations and when you fail to fulfill them (even 1 wish too), she becomes distressed. Many of the women knows how to handle that, but many of them dont know to control that. I dont wannt comment on whats your in-laws roles but being of almost the same age of yours, I would say, Put your negative thinkings & ego aside talk to her & understand her needs and see what could be maintained from your side and speak to her clearly about the same, even you can take a help of elders from both side. See bro,  reading your query, I would say, it is not at all a legal issue as of now. Its a misunderstanding. Take a break and go for a good romantic vacation with her give her enough time & space & believe me, your life will be much better and beautiful than ever. Instead of searching of solutions of problems here in this forum, pls check the websites of romantic gateways and spend quality time together. I'm sure you will be the happiest person & you both will be the happiest couple....

God Bless you both...!

additionally, pls do not forget to inform police about her attempts, this is important.

Reading your last post, I sense, she just needs your attention, mentally and physically....I dont see anything else here.

Born Fighter (xxx)     03 September 2015

LKC , your wife is kiddish and suspicious. From what shes doing she is over possessive about you. May not be wicked.

Take her out as suggested by I walk alone. Usko papp* do aur pucho kya problem hai ??

Remember this is the time for you to control the damage , otherwise we will have no option but to welcome you to our gang soon!

Completely agree with Born Fighter Sir...! LKC, are you reading our posts?? Pls do not even think to break it.... Try every single possible thing to "MAKE IT" bro...believe me (by heart) you've got a very lovely & sweet wife... take a good care of her....! lead a good & healthy life together. Stop wasting your precious time in this website and give the same amount of time to your lovely wife. We would be happy to see you both as the happy couple roaming & romancing around here and there..... God Bless.

Krishna Murthy Pasupula (High Court Advocate )     03 September 2015

Indeed do not complicate yours and your wife life further, sensitive feelings on negative side. Of course we do not know any circumstantial facts about this situation.

Basing on you version of words: Since both are not interesting to continue the marriage relation – Apply for divorce by mutual consent, under Section 13B of The Hindu Marriage Act 1955

All my consoling have gone into vain.. though I explain the situation ,she gets more arogant and doesnt listen and keeps on bringing things out of nothing.

From day 1 she is allegating me for GFs and again allegating me that i go and tell bad things to ppl about her and thus ppl come and explain her to be cool.

Each and every day the quarel goes on.Though i keep quiet most of the time its again a problem that why i dont tell her anything when she argues.

Now that she had told that she will not leave me ie she will do some case against me.. what I need to do?

SuperHero (Manager)     03 September 2015

@ LKC - I agree with Walk Alone and Born Fighter...

But here are my views...She is under depression for sure...No person who is mentally stable will attempt for suicide.

Can anyone act like a kid who is an adult. But in real life too there are some people. For everything she asks or wishes for you have to say YES. 

There is no mental compatability here at all...... Say you took her to a romantic vacation and in her mind she would be expecting some flowers and for God's sake you forgot and then the war starts romantic will change to horrible....

life (a)     04 September 2015

Dear LKC,

I have undergone the same incidents in my life, as few experts suggested i have initiated mediation through elders from both sides, she along with her parents said sorry for what all has happend and promissed me these things wont repeat. After that things went fine for 1 month, and again restarted and she left me, when i questioned her parents and elders whats happening in my life, neigther her parents nor elders from her side answered me. They only say leave the past she wont repeat again.(i have briefly told my story, there are lot many incidents happend in my 20 months of married life).

In my case, i have initiated divorce, even after receipt of divorce notice, they didnt call me nor tried to meet me or my family in person. Even the court mediation failed and refered back to court, have to see hows it going to be concluded.

My suggestion in your case is.....

What u really think of ur wifes behavior, if u think ur wife is intentionally doing....proceed with filing divorce.

Theres one chance even though she is intentional, may be she is childish... If so she will change with time...so wait for some time.

You can also judge her, based on her parents reaction. How are they behaving with you?

Just speak to her over phone or pesonally and try to read her mind, take time its very difficult to get correct information from crooked/cruel wife.

Judge urself and take right decision. Quit or continue. All the best.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register