Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Need advice on court or arya samaj marriage

Hello Sir/Mam

I need your advice, I am 25 years old and the girl who I intend to marry is 38. We belong to different state and castes.(U.P & Himachal)
We are together from around 3 years. Both of us are aware of age and everything about each other. We have great understanding and we want to live our life together. I am writing this thinking everything through and through and want to proceed further. 
But due to society norms, we are afraid about what might happen. According to law, we are eligible for marriage and allowed to live our life the way we choose. 
Our parents are not participative but also not against. 

I am thinking about marrying in arya samaj and then registering the marriage. These are few questions/doubts in mind.

I wanted to know what complication could be there in arya samaj/ registration of marriage.
Or should we go for court marriage ?

Does arya samaj marriage happen in Delhi only? How safe it is ?

I checked with local arya samaj mandir and they want parents to attend. Is it necessary ?

Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     27 June 2015

Long age difference will certainly cost you one day.

Give up this relationship, look for another good girl with shot age difference, younger than you and marry.

(Guest)

That is out of question. We are firm on this. I have written this thinking everything though and through and am aware of one day and many other scenarios. 

Only looking for legal advice/suggestions here. 

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     27 June 2015

I am sorry, could not help you in this case since I am have no legal background.

I am only a social advisor / instructor and advised from my own experience. 

Vary Sorry!

Prashant Ghai (Advocate) (PrashantGhai.com)     28 June 2015

There is nothing in law which can stop you both. Like you only suggested, you can either get marriage in Arya Samaj Mandir (click some photos as well), obtain a certificate from there and on the basis of the same, get your marriage registered at the SDM Office. If you want to keep things simple. you can simple go for a Court Marriage as well. I wish you the best.

(Guest)
Thank you for your response, Prashant. Could you please tell in case of court marriage where exactly they put 30 days notice to call for objections ? Is it in local news paper? & can any body file objection or only parent? As it is highly likely that some one in society can object and I would prefer less complications.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register