LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rakesh (none)     02 February 2015

Need advice

hi,  i had given money to some one as an advance to get finance for a certain project.. since the finance was not arranged , he agreed to return the money  and issued me a cheque  which i deposited n it bounced .. he assured me that he will give me cash asap now all this was long long time back  around 2 years.. so now since i cant file a cheque bouncing case , my question is can file a cheating case as he had taken money assuring me that he would arrange the finance(have written proof) but he has done neither ...

Learning

4 Replies

aarjun vhajage (Lawyer)     02 February 2015

YES, YOU CAN FILE. TAKE ADVICE FROM ANY GOOD LAWYER.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     03 February 2015

Dear Querist

The cheque bouncing case can not be filed now.

You may file a criminal complaint u/s 420/406 of IPC or you may file the civil suit for recovery of money before civil court against him/her.

venkat narayana (student)     03 February 2015

Sir i filed two cheque cases seperately for rs.5,50,000 and 1,50,000 seperate cases. On completion of lengthier trail of 4 years the accused got convition to pay cheque amount and 1 year imprisonment in both cases,he did not examine himself and adduce any evidence in trail.  He prefereed a appeal before district and session judge,along with CRLMP petiton under section 389(1) crpc, I have no knowledge about the order. Today i came to know the judge suspended the sentence and extended the bail till disposal of case without ordering any compensation to be deposited imposed by lower court.

Various additional district and session judges in these cases ordering to deposit compenation. But this judge not asked to deposit. Sir i suffered a huge economic loss and mental distress. Can i challenge this through criminal revision petition. Various courts now a days ordering to deposit compensation to run the appeal, i have gone through the judgements of Bombay High Court

M/S.Gurukripa Traders vs Kailas Ramnarayan And Another on 8 June, 2009

can i challenge the decision of first appealate court not ordering to deposit compensation. Please refer any latest supreme court judgements. I am final year llb student

ADVOCATE TRILOK (CRIMINAL family PROPERTY topfreind@gmail.com )     05 February 2015

Do not remain in over confidence and first put your energy for defending the case at sessions court.

Your opponent must have put solid reasons for legal flaws in the lower court judgment.

First read the appeal memo and get a good advocate to fight the case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register