Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suresh Kumar Babu (Software Prefoessional)     21 May 2015

Need Advise Urgently : Address Change In BIRTH CERTIFICATE

Hello Everyone,

Need your advise on the below issue:

I was born in Chennai and my original handwritten birth certficate was issued in 1982 by Chennai Corporation. 

But I need a fresh birth certficate now for official use and hence downloaded the original certifcate from online chennai corporation portal. However it needs address change i.e, 

Permenant address showing in certficate should now become 'Address of parents at the time of birth' . And my current residence address (as per passport) should become the 'Permenant Residential Address' in certificate.

My father applied for the address changes by submitting duely notarized affidavit mentioning the corrections required along with relevant documents as proof.

But surprisingly Municipal Corporation official rejected our request saying that they never change address in birth certficate !!

Is it really the scenario in Chennai ? Address change in birth certificate should be allowed otherwise why they have both 'Permenant Address' and 'Address At Time Of Birth' as options in the format?

My wife who is born in Kolkata got the same address changes done in her fresh birth certficate (same format as that in Chennai) from Kolkata Municipal Corporation and they did it in just one day!!

Why it's different in Chennai then?

Kindly advise.

Learning

6 Replies

slakshmanrao (accounts officer)     21 May 2015

Address in the passport can be changed only by means of an Affidavit.The Notary Advocate will be in a position to suggest the supporting document required for the desired change.Prefer the Affidavit in two copies.One will be submited to Passport Office and the other will serve you as the personal record.If the applicant is a Government Official, he/she can depend on the certfied copy of the Date of Birth declared at the time of appointment.The better way is to have the confirmed date of birth before resorting to legal route.Applicants concerned in the representation can set forth the reason as for the purpose of getting the New Address in the Passport.The confirmation obtained from the official channel will also serve as an authorisation from the Concerned Office.

Since the Name Change and address change are two different issues,applicants can resort to the legal route only when the confirmed date of birth is made available by the competent authorities.

It will be better that the documents required such as certified copies are processed through the available channel,before resorting to legal route....

Suresh Kumar Babu (Software Prefoessional)     21 May 2015

Hello,

The issue is regarding address change in Birth Certificate as per my passport records. I don;t need any change in Passport. 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     22 May 2015

Hello "skbchennai",

Your name is ficticious and query is vague, your place of birth is under dispute, hence it would be appropriate to seek professional services of a local lawyer.

You may have to file a declaratory suit for yourself as well as your wife in Chennai and Kolkata.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 May 2015

Dear Author: Can you not understand that not everyone owns a house whose birth takes place in that particular town, how do you think it is possible to keep changing one's address in the birth register ? Do not compare or mis match any other event to your issue which may not be relevant to your problem. Instead of complicating things by thinking more on non feasible things, better to avail the easiest solutions for the issues before you. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register