In today’s globally competitive environment, intellectual property has placed itself on a pedestal in the context of economic growth and is becoming increasingly important. Intellectual Property (IP) is the fuel that powers the engine of prosperity, fostering invention and innovation. The increasing significance of intangible assets in the global economy is forcing business organizations to actively manage their IP as a key driver for building and sustaining their competitive advantage and achieving superior performance. Intellectual property rights have become significantly prominent on the legal horizon of India both in terms of new statutes as well as judicial pronouncements. A truly integrated approach, involving key stakeholders such as Government, industry, institutes, corporates and judiciary can pave the way for the development and implementation of new IP strategies to create a robust IP ecosystem in the country. It is with this background that the Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC) in association with Intellectual Property Office (IPO), Government of India is organizing a National IPR Summit on 21st June 2019 at Hotel The Park, New Delhi.
The objective of the summit is to bring together Government, industry, law-makers and other stakeholders on common platform to discuss issues related to intellectual property rights in India and share the innovative ideas and best practices to create a robust IP ecosystem in India.
The summit will cover some of the important issues related to intellectual property in India like:
• Protection of IP rights : Issues, challenges, opportunities & solutions that lie ahead;
• How to effectively manage the IP assets for business growth and competitiveness
• What are the issues related to Patent, Copyright & TM Registration & Infringements
• How to protect your brand! : Brand Protection by Brand Leaders!
• Exclusive Session with Government on “National IPR Policy” - The Road Ahead
The summit will provide an excellent opportunity to participants to discuss, share experiences, case studies, network with industry leaders and learn about the current scenario and the best practices of effective management and protection of IP right in India.
• *Ramesh Abhishek, Secretary, Dept. for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade, Govt. of India
• *Pranab Kumar Das, Chairman, Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs
• *Rajiv Aggarwal, Jt. Secretary, Dept. for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade, Govt. of India
• Amit Thukral, Vice President – Legal, APAC, Lupin Limited
• KS Kardam, Sr. Joint Controller of Patents & Designs, Indian Patent Office, Government of India
• Malathi Lakshmikumaran, ED & Practice Head-Patents, Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan
• Pinaki Ghosh, Senior Advisor, KPMG India
• Madhav Kulkarni, Intellectual Capital Manager, Dow Chemical Int. Pvt. Ltd.
• Subhadip Sarkar, Assistant Vice President - IP, Cognizant Technology Solutions
• Vaibhav Khanna, Head - Intellectual Property, Sterlite Technologies Ltd.
• Lohita Sujith, Head – Legal, Policy & Regulatory, Star TV Network
• Praveen Sadhu, Brand Protection, TVS Motor Company
• Nilesh Puntambekar, Sr. Manager – Innovation & IP - India & South Asia, Emerson Electric Co.
• Abhigyan Rai, General Manager – Brand Protection, South Asia, Corteva AgroSciences
• Mandar Chandrachud, AVP – Legal & Head-IPR, Godrej Consumer Products Ltd.
• Shilpa Joshi, Deputy General Manager – Intellectual Property, Mahindra & Mahindra
• Sheetal Talwar, Associate General Counsel - IPR, TATA Chemicals
• Pramugdha Anand, Manager - Legal, UltraTech Cement
• Khyati Amlani, Corporate Counsel, BIC Cello India
• Shreedhar Parundekar, Managing Director, Brand Defence Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
• Habib Khan, Brand Protector, Hindustan Unilever Limited
• Sulabh Khandelwal, Sr. Mgr - Anti-Counterfeiting & Brand Protection, Ford Motors India
• Milind Palany, Sr. Mgr - Global Brand Protection - India & SA, Johnson & Johnson
• Arindom Hazarika, Brand Protection Manager, Diageo India