LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav   12 October 2018

Name transfer on 7/12

Hi, I purchased a land in Pune. Do seller signature for getting name transferred on my name in 7/12 mandatory?. I have a sale deed on my name already. Incase seller signature required and he doesn't sign for transfer . what to do in such case? Thank you

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     13 October 2018

Land is located at ruler or urban area ?

Gaurav   13 October 2018

when sale deed was done that time it was in grampanchayat 7/12 transfer was close. now it came under muncipal corporation and also 7/12 transfer got opened. does seller signature is mandate or sale deed should suffice?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 October 2018

When there is a title deed, seeking another signature on mutation is not known.  In certain states like AP, they have made it on line.   The moment the registration was made, that copy as intimation will be sent to the concerned authority like Municipality/corporation as direction for mutating the property in the name of purchaser.  Mutation is just a normal procedure.   Registered document (title deed ) gives the rights and mere mutation may not provide any further rights.  In case of doubts, please file RTI Application seeking information on such laid down norms for mutation wherein seller has to sign such documents.  However, there are cases when some persons do not affect mutation at all after such sale even in case of urban properties, and when a different name was recorded in Corporation books, they may insist for such NOC from the person whose name is incorporated in their books, as abundant precaution and this is a mere procedural formality.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register