LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

D.Joseph Emmanuel Dhas (Manager)     02 April 2017

Name transfer of property from deceased wife feg

Sir,  My wife expired on 16.10.2005 leaving myself and three daughters at the age of 30,28 and 24. Now I am 73 years old. we want to transfer the properties (two lands, one 20 cents and another 16 cents of mango garden) which I purchased  in my wjfe's name ,early days. My two daughters have given registered power of attorney and third is ready to sign any paper to transfer those propertiesin my name . Please guide me indicating the procedure I have to folloow in this transfer of asset.  D. Joseph

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 April 2017

It is believed that the deceased wife has not left any WILL.

Approach the authority under whose jurisdiction property (ies) falls.

Obtain requisite forms/procedure for such transfer ( Intestate Succession) as per succession laws applicable to your faith/personal laws.

Generically speaking: Death Certificate, legal heir certificate  are required.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     02 April 2017

First You have to obtain legal heir certificate , death certificate, address proof of deceased , noc from all of your three daughter's in favour of you , affidavit for your claim and attach them in an application for mutation and file all these documents in the local authority i.e nigam / nagar palika or tehsil under which jurisdiction the property falls .

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     02 April 2017

First You have to obtain legal heir certificate , death certificate, address proof of deceased , noc from all of your three daughter's in favour of you , affidavit for your claim and attach them in an application for mutation and file all these documents in the local authority i.e nigam / nagar palika or tehsil under which jurisdiction the property falls .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register