Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohammed Mujeeb   19 August 2015

Name on my birth certificate is different from passport.

Dear Sir/Madam.

My full name is Shaik Mohammed Mujeeb Ali. Due to lack of space on the birth certificate provided by the hospital, my father wrote my name as Mohd Mujeeb Ali. However while admitting me into the school my father added 'S' infront of my name as Shaik is my family name. In all of my educational documents my name is S Mohd Mujeeb Ali(including on graduation certificates which I am pursuing). However when I went for the interview for my passport, I gave my name as S Mohd Mujeeb Ali, however the lady said that initials aren't allowed on the passport. So I gave my full name Shaik Mohammed Mujeeb Ali which was accepted and I received my passport with my full name (First name)Shaik Mohammed (Given name)Mujeeb Ali. I will be completing my graduation next year and I would like to apply abroad for further studies. I don't have any documents(except PAN card) supporting my fullname which is present on my passport. I am sure there would be problem when I apply for further studies so I would like someone to give me a good and permanent solution for this problem.

I did find a solution online that I would have to get my name changed by putting an ad on two news papers and get an affidavit. However if I do this would I need to apply for a fresh passport after changing my name ? Since the day when I changed my name will be further away from the date I received my first passport which already has my full name.

Please do reply if you any suggestion, I would be checking this forum everyday.

Thanking you,

yours sincerely,

Mohammed Mujeeb.

Learning

1 Replies

Mallikarjuna Rao Tata (Advocate)     23 August 2015

You have to approach Civil Court for correction of name in passport

by filing a suit for declaration that my full name is -------------

obtaining that decree you have to approach passport office for correcting the name in your passport

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register