Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul (MD)     09 December 2014

Name issues in passport

Dear Expert,

I have a big confusion over naming format in Passport. My All certificates (10th, 12th, DL etc) have this format:
Name: Raj Aryan Kumar
Father Name: Gautam Verma

Somehow my last passport got issued in the name of Raj Aryan Kumar with  "Raj Aryan" as first name while "Kumar" as surname.

Since My family name is "Verma", so should i get the surname in passport changed as "Verma" ? or should i continue with "Kumar" surname only. Please advise as I am in process of appying for renewal of passport and also very soon will be applying for US visa.

Please help.

Learning

3 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     11 January 2015

Don't change as the alrady issued one may get confused.

kiran   09 November 2015

Hi,

i have applied for passport stated marital status as SINGLE , now the police verification is pending , i came to know that he is giving report as adverse. because my evil neighbours mentioned that i am married but the fact is she left me . so my agent suggested me to apply for form K , which states that i am seperated . if i get this form will i get my passport?

if passport is issued after submission of form K , can the police adverse report  revoke my passport ? 

does passport office has discretionary power to ignore the adverse report and go ahead with form K and issue me passport ??

what steps will the passport office take after submitting annexure K form ??

please reply

rgds

victim 

kiran   09 November 2015

Hi,

i have applied for passport stated marital status as SINGLE , now the police verification is pending , i came to know that he is giving report as adverse. because my evil neighbours mentioned that i am married but the fact is she left me . so my agent suggested me to apply for form K , which states that i am seperated . if i get this form will i get my passport?

if passport is issued after submission of form K , can the police adverse report  revoke my passport ? 

does passport office has discretionary power to ignore the adverse report and go ahead with form K and issue me passport ??

what steps will the passport office take after submitting annexure K form ??

please reply

rgds

victim 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register