LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Venkat (TL)     19 April 2014

Name correction with pen in flat agreement

Request a reply from advocate from Maharastra only.

Dear Sir,

I have bought a flat in Pune under Apartment formation. The possession is in Sep 14.

My name is "VENKAT  RAMAN  SONNATI" While registering my flat agreement it was mentioned as "VENKATRAMAN SONNATI"(Space between VENKAT and RAMAN is missing). Advocate has asked me to cross the incorrect name and correct the name with Pen in all the places (4 times) in the agreement. Beside the correction, my self and my wife have only signed. However, GPA from builder or builder have not signed. The agreement is registered.

Index2 is showing the correct name in Marathi.

When I contacted an advocate, I was asked to register a rectification deed since Vendor's signature beside the manual correction is missing.

As per the Builder's advocate- there is no need to register a rectification deed as Apartment deed which will be registered in Sep 14 (at the time of giving possession|) will have correct name which is the final document showing my ownership.

My questions are :

1. Since Vendor has not made signatures beside the manual correction, is it fine?

2. Since this is apartment formation and not society formation - Deed of apartment will be registered before possession with correct name. So, is it required to make a rectification deed to agreement for sale now or not required ?

Thanks a lot

Learning

2 Replies

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     20 April 2014

Vender"s sign is not necessary as there is change and correction in your information.if it would have been in descripttion of property venders sign.were mandatory. secondly as per your narration you have corrected it prier to registration. no need of rectificaton deed.while registering final deed check the highlights of documents and get corrected.

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     20 April 2014

Vender"s sign is not necessary as there is change and correction in your information.if it would have been in descripttion of property venders sign.were mandatory. secondly as per your narration you have corrected it prier to registration. no need of rectificaton deed.while registering final deed check the highlights of documents and get corrected.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register