Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Syed Jaffer (Lecturer)     02 April 2012

Name correction in ssc

Dear Sir,

I had Completed My SSC in 1994 and my Name IS Printed as Syed Zaffar Instead of Syed Jaffer.Every body advised me at that time  it doesn't matter and informed me that In Intermediate(10+2) also it comes same then you can go for a change or else  you can keep quite.To my surprise In Intermediate The Name Printed on my certificates is Syed Jaffer,afterwards i went on to do my graduation and postgraduation ,and in all these certificates it is SYED JAFFER.

All these years i was facing the dilemma to correct it or not,as all my certificates has one name except the SSC Certificate.

Now i heard that if we want to go abroad we will face problems because of the mistake in the SSC Certificate.

Kindly advise me how to get the name corrected . 

Learning

2 Replies

matthew (finance)     12 April 2012

Hello Syed Jaffer,

I think it all depends on the correct name registered in your school records..If your name is correctly mentioned in school records without any spelling errors then there is a possibility that your name can be corrected...consult your school authorities whether what name has been entered in their records...and if its school mistake they have to take the responsibility for the name correction or else if its your own parental mistake but not school while entering it  in school records, then you have to face the consequencies yourself..If its not mentioned then you have to go either through the long process required by education department for name correction.....to be honestly 2002 is a very very long gap..its nearly 10yrs...but still try..hope it works.

Syed Jaffer (Lecturer)     13 April 2012

Thanks for your advice sir.I will try correcting it with the education dept.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register