LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prasad C M   06 October 2015

Name correction in Bank account

Hello Sir, Hi, I have savings & ppf account in the name of PRASAD C icici bank but now I want to update my name as PRASAD C M can you please provide the steps to update my name. I have updated my pan name as PRASAD C M & I visited icici branch asking details regarding the process but they are telling you not able to update your name. Sir they are telling tat you are not allowed to update name with only pan card you need to change your name through court through gazette notification but my name in all other document like education certificate, voter Id, adhar is PRASAD C M only but in pan card tat is mistakenly updated as PRASAD C but now it has been updated as PRASAD C M. But they are asking me to provide gazette notification but I didn't changed my name then how can I provide them tat certificate I just corrected my name in pan card only, can u please help on this issue sir. I have all my documents in the name PRASAD C M & I want to change my name as PRASAD C M in bank & ppf account but they are asking me gazette certificate. Please help me on this issue Regards, PRASAD C M

Learning

5 Replies

siddhartha sinha   07 October 2015

Y dont u do just that. Is there a problem?Nevertheless,Bank should not ask for gazzette notification for such a minor change. Talk to senior officers there if they accept a simple affidavit along with other docs you spoke of, well and good. Else u may close your savings account and make sure you write this as reason in account closing letter. As regards ppf account you might have a problem while claiming deduction under IT.

Prasad C M   07 October 2015

But now in all my documents I have correct name but only in bank account name is incorrect. How can I make gezetted notification for this what reason I need to give to get gezette notification in Bangalore.

siddhartha sinha   07 October 2015

Got it.These private banks just say what they were taught at training.Just make a simple affidavit before a notary public that x and y are one and same person. Due to error in pan name was previously mentioned as x but now it has been rectified as y. All my other documents(name them) bear my actual name i.e. y. If they still dont change complain to the regional head office by email or letter. This is harrassmemt under pretext of due dilligence.

Thank you so much for your advice sir. I talked with branch manager, had telephonic conversation with chief manager & there auditor regarding this I will give affidavit as you mentioned they not ready to accept the same sir they are not ready do accept anything they are telling we need gazette publication that is mandatory. Is there any problem if I make gazette publication of my name saying that I am correcting or changing my name in bank account or is there probelm if do like this sir.

Thank you so much for your advice sir. I talked with branch manager, had telephonic conversation with chief manager & there auditor regarding this I will give affidavit as you mentioned they not ready to accept the same sir they are not ready do accept anything they are telling we need gazette publication that is mandatory. Is there any problem if I make gazette publication of my name saying that I am correcting or changing my name in bank account or is there probelm if do like this sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register