Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter

Search for Lawyers          

Please Wait ..

Discussion > Constitutional Law > Others > Name changing procedure in India as Per Law   Unanswered Threads Post New Topic

Pages : 1

There are 7 Replies to this message

Rashmita Saikia

Lawyer
[ Scorecard : 114]
Posted On 21 September 2010 at 11:59 Report Abuse

Hi All,

The name changing procedure in India is very simple. Just need to
make an affidavit before a 1st class Magistrate and advertisement regarding name change in a news paper.

But where these procedure is specified? I mean, the Civil procedure code talks about only affidavit under section 139. Can anybody help me in this?

Regards,

Rashmita

Online certification courses in IP, IT and Social Media laws

adv. rajeev ( rajoo )

practicing advocate
[ Scorecard : 35313]
Posted On 21 September 2010 at 17:31 Report Abuse

I think just it is a procedure adopted.  But in karnataka if you want to change the name in the school records, certificates and marks cards first you will have to issue notice u/s 80 cpc to the Govt., of Karnataka rep., by Dist commissioner and to the Deputy Director of Public Instruction by giving 60 days time to make necessary corrections in their records.  Normally they wont change so suit will have to filed for declaration and injunction.

Total thanks : 1 times

Rashmita Saikia

Lawyer
[ Scorecard : 114]
Posted On 21 September 2010 at 22:18 Report Abuse

Sir,

Thanks for your reply. The name has already been changed. But few days before when we approached a government office for some work and we have submitted the necessary documents along with the affidavit. They are not accepting the documents and asking where these name changing procedure is specified and also keept the process pending which we had opted for in the office.

Member (Account Deleted)

GUESS
[ Scorecard : 428]
Posted On 28 September 2010 at 19:52 Report Abuse

After newspaper publication before searing the affidavit, THE CHANGED NAME HAS TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GOVERNMENT GAZETTE. There are agents who charge upto 500 Rs. The gazette publication takes about two months time. Merely publishing it in a newspaper does not complete the pro0cess of NAME CHANGE.

Member (Account Deleted)

GUESS
[ Scorecard : 428]
Posted On 28 September 2010 at 19:55 Report Abuse

Correction "Swearing instead of searing]. Only the Governor or the president are competent to release the list of gazette notifications.

kiran 11111

Executive
[ Scorecard : 155]
Posted On 26 November 2010 at 09:47 Report Abuse

I feel there is a need to have precise law/legislation on this. Name changing procedure is very simple. In Maharashtra you have to just notify the name change by notification in the government gazzete.There are very chances that by name changing, people can resort to unlawful things.

chhabilal nepal

travel consultant
[ Scorecard : 28]
Posted On 01 February 2013 at 14:40 Report Abuse

Dear Sir,

My name is chhabilal nepal.. i am belong from assam.. & living in new delhi. every body knows me as suraj here...

so , i want to change my name to Suraj Nepal for legally in all documents....

is it possible from new delhi or i have to go my state for this

kindly reply me

Thanks,

Chhabilal  

dinkar(dinku)

be
[ Scorecard : 22]
Posted On 09 May 2013 at 08:24 Report Abuse

RESPECTED SIR,

MY NAME IS DINKAR . HOW CAN CHANGE MY NAME. PLEASE DISCRIBE ME THE PROCEDURE...AND HOW TO CHANGE MY NAME IN ALL DOCUMENT.....PLEASE GUIDE ME...

Related Files

Previous Thread
Previous
Next Thread
Next