Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SM   09 July 2017

Name change of individual along with the change in the last names of both parents

What if a person who wants to change her name, has wrong last names of her both parents in her old academic records, whereas the actual last names in her parents' records are different? What statement should she mention in her Affidavit/Govt. Gazette to get her parents' last names also changed in her new records along with her new name?

Learning

3 Replies

Arjun Kohli   09 July 2017

I believe the statement should contain the reasons for changing the name, so primarily you have to highlight what the error or the issue is with the existing names and you would like to change it to its correct form. (You could produce some valid IDs with the correct name to strengthen your case, if the authority asks for it.) Thereafter, once published, you could take the copies of the publication to get the same amended.

1 Like

SM   10 July 2017

Thank You for the resolution. So you mean the valid ID proofs of the parents will suffice, right?

In Normal cases, the statements go like this:-

"I, hitherto known as 'X'(individual's name) daughter of 'Y'(father's name), residing at New Delhi(Address) have changed my name and shall hereafter be known as 'Z'(individual's new name).

It is certified that I have complied with other legal requirements in this connection."

Given that there isn't any specific reason for the change in the name of the individual,  how should the statement be like, in the Affidavit/Govt. Gazette/Newspapers?

Arjun Kohli   10 July 2017

Originally posted by : SM
Thank You for the resolution. So you mean the valid ID proofs of the parents will suffice, right?

In Normal cases, the statements go like this:-

"I, hitherto known as 'X'(individual's name) daughter of 'Y'(father's name), residing at New Delhi(Address) have changed my name and shall hereafter be known as 'Z'(individual's new name).

It is certified that I have complied with other legal requirements in this connection."

Given that there isn't any specific reason for the change in the name of the individual,  how should the statement be like, in the Affidavit/Govt. Gazette/Newspapers?

You could always frame a reasonable and vague reason for the same, something that could justify the underlying reason as well.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register