Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divyeshroy (NA)     24 April 2014

Name change in gazette and pan card

Hi , 

My name is Divyesh Roy (previously called as Divyesh Pradeep). I changed my name as on August 2013, my new name appears in passport, voter id, all other doc etc. But not in PAN card. I sent a name change form to PAN department, there reverted by asking for name change in Gazette. I called gazette and walked through and nothing was answered. I don't know the way: where, how and when to apply for name change in gazette? 

Requesting you to reply to this mail: how and where to apply to get my name published in Gazette and the procedure to get published my name in gazette, so that I can apply for name change in PAN Card.

FYI: https://gazette.kar.nic.in/ (no answer and no reply). I called them to the number given and no answer. The gazette office is really very far from where I stay. I tried but nothing works.

Found this website for solving questions and query. Hope I will get valuable message and answer.

Please do the needful.

Thanks and regards.
Divyesh Roy

Learning

17 Replies

(Guest)

Dear Divyeshroy,

You may apply for the change in name at the income tax portal with attaching the new proof of your changed name.  There is also a column saying " earlier you were known with some other name, you may write previous name in this column.  Income tax department will definitely issue you a new pan card.

1 Like

Dear Jindal sir,

Thank you for your valuable reply. I had already applied for Pan Card in the month of November 2013. That was when I applied for Voter Id with supporting document as Passport, affidavit and news paper cutting. However, the name in voter id was changed. Everything was done online. One hard copy was sent to respective department. And there was a reply from PAN customer care stating, they rejected as there was no proof of name change in Gazette attached. I don't know what went wrong. I also checked with local PAN Card team. They have no idea and said me to apply in Gazette. I tried my best and now I am here for help or suggestion.

I have attached the status that I received from PAN department. Kindly requesting you to look into it. 

Let me know what I should I do now.

Awaiting reply.

Thank you very much for looking into my concern and helping me with this.

Thanks and regards

Divyesh Roy

Attached File : 65468276 pan.jpg downloaded: 195 times

Dear Jindal sir,

Thank you for your valuable reply. I had already applied for Pan Card in the month of November 2013. That was when I applied for Voter Id with supporting document as Passport, affidavit and news paper cutting. However, the name in voter id was changed. Everything was done online. One hard copy was sent to respective department. And there was a reply from PAN customer care stating, they rejected as there was no proof of name change in Gazette attached. I don't know what went wrong. I also checked with local PAN Card team. They have no idea and said me to apply in Gazette. I tried my best and now I am here for help or suggestion.

I have attached the status that I received from PAN department. Kindly requesting you to look into it. 

Let me know what I should I do now.

Awaiting reply.

Thank you very much for looking into my concern and helping me with this.

Thanks and regards

Divyesh Roy

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     25 April 2014

There is prescribed form for change in name available in govt press. One have to fill up the form and pay the fees for publication in gazett.In month or two it will be published in gazett.

Divyeshroy (NA)     25 April 2014

Thank you, Bhagwat Patil sir,

However, my question was how to do that? where and whom to contact? I called Gazette of Karnataka several times, that number is not active at all. I really don't know what, where how to apply in Gazette. How much I will have to pay and the procedure? This is what my concern is... Please help me on this...

Thanks and regards

Divyesh Roy

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     25 April 2014

You will find the address of govt press at the last page of any bare act book published by karnataka.government.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     25 April 2014

Well advised, now it is your turn to proceed

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 April 2014

You need to personally visit the Govt. Press, Karnataka which is situated in the Kanakapura Road just around 20 kms from Bangalore, fill up the form available there as well as keep the format of change of name in your possession either in the form of affidavit or in any other format, you will get the complete details once you are there inside the premises (receptionist), comply with the formalities and get your requirement done. accordingly.

1 Like

Divyeshroy (NA)     27 April 2014

Wow! expected answer.

Thank you, T.Kalaiselvan sir.

This answer is what I was expecting, the procedure and the where the office is located. So, I need to find out in the out skirts of bangalore. I was roaming here and there for these information in press and court and agents etc. Still I was helpless. Now got the information. 

Once again, thank you.

Reagards

Divyesh Roy.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 April 2014

You are welcome.

reena   14 October 2016

hello divyesh

you can get pan card name change form and online apply for change your name on pan card.

reena   15 February 2017

PAN Card is very important document so we have to keep it with care and and if any situation occur then we can apply for know your pan no by your name and DOB.

poornima@27   04 May 2017

All the information and changes have been done through internet. I think it is very easy to

<a target='_blank' rel='nofollow' href="https://pancardonline.in/pan-card-status/">Check your PAN card status online</a>

Pranali Sharma   22 June 2017

Thanks for sharing information,Now it's easier to check your pan card status. You can check PAN status online By Name or acknowledged number and DOB.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register