Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul (Student)     14 December 2012

Name change in birth certificate for issuance of passport

Sir,

I have a birth certificate with name "Rohit" while all my other ID proofs like matriculation marks sheets etc have the name "Rahul".

For passport application, birth certificate is necessary. Kindly guide me through the procedure for change of name on my birth certificate and how much time will it take.

I will be extremely thankful.

Rahul Saini.

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     15 December 2012

You cannot make any chnages in the birth certificate once it is made.

Now the best you could do is to get your name changed in the official gazzate of the state which would be helpful and your problem would get solved.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     16 December 2012

you can do it by filing declaratotry suit

MANJIT SINGH CHAHAL (Advocate Tax Consultant book author/editor)     17 December 2012

1.Ask local municipality/panchayat whether u can apply for amendment  of name of birth ceritifcate- your new ceritficate will show old and new alias.

0r else 1.. make one change of name affidavite by notary and take 1 xerox and publish change of name ads in 2 newspaper.

2. now apply for fresh passport with new and final name as appear in newspapers.

abdul ansaari (engineer)     09 June 2015

sir ,

i have one doubt, if i change my child name through government gagette in passport . is it possible to get a visa without any threads?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register