Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DHR   27 February 2018

Name change advice after remarriage without divorce

Dears Sir / Madam,

Request your advice on the below concerns of mine for biological father name change.

My Mom and Dad separated long time ago when I was a child (Officially not divorced. Since he was an alcoholic and never came back to meet us). My biological father later died and we knew it only after many years (we don’t have death certificate). My mother married my stepfather and registered it after my biological father left us (without divorce certificate). My step father took care of my education and wellbeing.

Is it possible to change my father’s name to step fathers name in my Passport, DL, CBSE mark sheets (completion year 2000) and other documents, if yes what is the procedure.

Thanks for the support. 

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 February 2018

Which personal law is applicable to your biological mother, father, and you?

Which personal law is applicable to say for the time being only; 2nd man?

Did your mother marry 2nd man after death of your biological father or during life time of your biological father?

The marriage as per your post with 2nd man was registered.

It was registered before marriage officer or say Church or say Qazi?

If yes under which Act say; Hindu Marriage Act or Special marriage Act?

Does your mother have the copy of forms submitted before the authority that registered the marriage?

What was marital status of both i.e. your biological mother and 2nd declared in marriage registration forms; Unmarried/divorced/single etc?

What was your age at the time of said 2nd marriage?

What is your age now?

The 2nd man had any son from his previous marriage?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 February 2018

Generically speaking; the 2nd marriage of your biological may be illegal/void/voidable.

The 2nd man is not your biological father and may not be able to adopt you.

In the meantime you may revert.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register