Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter

Search for Lawyers          

Please Wait ..

Discussion > Property Law > Real Estate > NRI - Power Of Attorney for Selling Land in Uttar Pradesh   Unanswered Threads Post New Topic

Pages : 1

There are 2 Replies to this message

Nikita

Self
[ Scorecard : 24]
Posted On 07 February 2011 at 02:52 Report Abuse

I'm NRI, I've a piece of land in Uttar Pradesh which I want to selll by giving Special POA to my relative.

I've been doing the research and I've collected all the related details.

However there is a stumbling block. I've asked my relatives in UP to check with the local registrar office for POA and they say that it is not possible. They insist that both parties shall be present at the time of sell and sign infront of registrar. 

This seems to be very bizzare situation. I think in most of states NRIs can execute special POA to buy/sell land. However I'm unable to find any concrete conclusion for Uttar Pradesh.

Could anyone let me know if it is possible to sell land in UP via Special POA?

Tx

Online certification courses in IP, IT and Social Media laws

m.arunprakaash

advocate
[ Scorecard : 154]
Posted On 07 February 2011 at 17:19 Report Abuse

APPROACH INDIAN EMBASSY/CONSULATE OR LOCAL JUDICIAL MAGISTRATE/NOTARY FOR THE ATTESTATION OF YOUR POA.

SACHIN AGARWAL

ADVOCATE
[ Scorecard : 1341]
Posted On 10 February 2011 at 00:06 Report Abuse

You can execute the POA at your place by signing the same before the same before teh concerned officer at Indian Embassy / Counulate and can send it to your relative in U.P. and the said POA can be produced before the Registrar of the concerned District who may get it stamped and then the proeprty can be sold on the basis of the said POA.

Related Files

Previous Thread
Previous
Next Thread
Next