LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MUKESH   01 June 2017

NOC not being issued by PSU bank to do Executive MBA frm IIT

Sir I am an Officer in a PSU bank (posted in Bihar) and want to do E-MBA from IIT (week end classes) but my current employer is denying me NOC to apply for it. I was selected in IIT D but they didnt issue NOC to attend GD saying prior permission should have been taken before applying to course. And now when I want to apply for same course in IIT K they say It will come in way of normal discharge of duties so NOC cant be issued. (Its all in writing). I need suggestion what should be done in such case. Everybody do have right to progress and there are banks which issue NOC n let their employee to eMBA course. Please suggest. Tnx in advance

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 June 2017

When the employer is not willing, it is you that has to select priorities.  Meet concerned superior officials in person and convince them.  As getting NOC is a time bound programme and IIT can not wait or give you time.

MUKESH   01 June 2017

Sir, I have already lost oppurtunity to join IIT_D even after qualifing the test. Issue is for my future endevors. I want to know legal angle of getting NOC. Whether there is any Rule for study for PSU / Govt employees or not. I see there are many candidtates from PSU banks who are pusuing Exec MBA from IITs aftr obtaining NOC frm their banks. So my concern is that the rule which applies in one PSU should also apply in another. Kindly guide me with legal aspect of it. (Service Rule / Labor laws / oppurtunity to grow etc) Thanks n regards mukesh81821@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register