LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Goutam Chatterjee   23 May 2017

NOC from co-op housing society

I am a member of a housing co-op society in Navi Mumbai. I have let out my flat on leave and licence basis. The society charges 10% extra maintenance for non-occupancy. In addition, they are charging Rs. 5000 for issuing NOC for leave and licence. But, I understand that as per Model Bye-law, there is no need to take NOC from Society. We need to intimate them in advance and submit copies of Registeted deed and Police NOC. Is my supposition true? Can they by any other rule enforce the above payment? An early response will be appreciated. Goutam

Learning

11 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     24 May 2017

yOUR contention is right . As per that particular bylaw

Society has no legal  right to charge Rs.5000 for issuance of No Objection certificate.       Approach                        Registrar of Cooperative Societies.

Goutam Chatterjee   24 May 2017

Thank you, Madam for your prompt response. Is there any relevant bye-law which I can quote in my representation? Also, is the bye-law enacted in 2014 is the latest or there has been some revision?

Thank you, Madam for your prompt response. Is there any relevant bye-law which I can quote in my representation? Also, is the bye-law enacted in 2014 is the latest or there has been some revision?

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     24 May 2017

Sir, Please refer section 43(a) & 43(b) of CHS Bye-laws 2014. Permission of the society is not needed, neither the society can charge any amount. Good luck, Kishor Mehta

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     24 May 2017

Relevant Byelaw is Sections  43(a) and 43(b) 0f 2014 CHS Act.

Goutam Chatterjee   04 June 2017

I downloaded MODEL BYE LAWS OF CO-OP HSG SOCIETY 2014 from sahakarayukta.maharashtra.gov.in. There clause no. 42 (1) and 42(2) deal with sub-letting of flats. Is the reference to Sec 43 is from a different document. Please clarify. Thanks.

I downloaded MODEL BYE LAWS OF CO-OP HSG SOCIETY 2014 from sahakarayukta.maharashtra.gov.in. There clause no. 42 (1) and 42(2) deal with sub-letting of flats. Is the reference to Sec 43 is from a different document. Please clarify. Thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register